Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 2 of 1,842 (18,415 results)

Mar 20, 2010 02:47AM barbe1958 wrote:

There's a saying: "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans!"

I had my double mast 6 days after diagnosis. At work before the surgery another department manager came up to me and asked how I was so calm. I told her that I have a very strong God holding me up. SHE started to cry and left.

I hope I have taught my kids how to act with grace in a crisis. Everything is possible with God on  your team.

Dx 12/10/2008, IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/16/2008 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 2/4/2016, IDC: Papillary, Left, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/11/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 2/17/2016 Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Mar 20, 2010 09:24AM kmccraw423 wrote:

I don't ask why me, I ask God what I need to learn from this experience.

Kathleen Dx 10/3/2008, DCIS, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 20, 2010 09:42AM GramE wrote:

Most of you know me from other threads.   Can I join?   Although I confess I have used some "strong words" - I am not perfect and God knows it.  I too am a work in progress.

I am 64, dx May 2007, 3 weeks before my only son's wedding.   Widowed 4/2/2003.  Moved from House in Pittsburgh after 36 yrs there to apartment  closer to my son in Virginia.   Moving to another apartment complex first week of April - a bit more downsizing and making life simple.

Over the years I have served as President of church women's group, and other offices as well.   Taught Sunday School to third graders, usher, library coordinator, bazaar chair person many times, Ordained Elder and Deacon, funeral helper, etc.   My faith continues strong and i believe in God's mercy and grace.   I have questioned it at times, but always got an "answer" in the form of a new friend or some unexplained "event".   He give me the peace only He can give.

Hugs and Blessings, Nancy 

P.S.   Dear (((spar))) thanks for this thread. 

Mar 20, 2010 11:52AM - edited Mar 20, 2010 11:53AM by mbtlcsw01

I have walked (sometimes more rocky than others) with God for a very long time.  Got my bachelors of social work at Oral Roberts University.  God has allowed me to learn many things and many have been extremely hard.  My middle and youngest son had to be placed in rehab for alcohol/drug addiction.  With God's grace, they are clean and sober today.  My oldest son disowned me for several years during this struggle.  Worst mother of the world award.  Truly, that journey was far more difficult than bc.  Because of God's hand in our lives, we are a reconciled family today.  BC played a part because the boys realized they could lose something important to them and needed to get beyond themselves.  Mind you, I stayed at home for 12 years raising these boys in the church and homeschooling.  I never thought these things could happen to me.  God has knocked me down many pegs.  I am humbled.  Today, I just reach out for what it is God wishes for me to do or sometimes just be.  I try to do that for the day.  My spirituality includes the wonders of God's birds and flowers.  I have very moving spiritual moments with that.  Live on a lake in Florida, so I am blessed.  We are not strongly involved in church.  We provide those services all week long in our ministries.  We use our time to rejuvinate and refresh on the weekends to go back out there again next week.  God bless you all ladies.  Find hope and peace this weekend. 

Mary Dx 10/16/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 20, 2010 11:58AM spar2 wrote:

When I got on bco and read these post I got goosebumps and a few tears running down my face.  I am so thankful to be making some friends with people that love the Lord.  Not feeling too good right now so will post more later but wanted to say welcome to all, no one is too young and no one is too old.  So glad to meet all of you.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Mar 20, 2010 12:00PM lovinmomma wrote:

Hi there! My name is KIm and I am a 42 yo Christian mom. Diagnosed in 9/08 stage 4 fromt he get go. I have been married to my wonderful dh for 21 years and have 7 kids...ages 6 to 19. No married ones yet or any grandkids, but dd1 is dating a really good guy and I could see that happening.

I am so thankful for this thread.

Kimberly 45 yo fighter Dx 10/1/2008, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 26/26 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/2/2008 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 5/7/2009 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 5/12/2009 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 7/10/2011 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Chemotherapy 9/24/2012 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 1/28/2013 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine)

Mar 20, 2010 12:13PM patoo wrote:

Running out for the afternoon so haven't read all the posts.  Will catch up later.

Spar, hope you feel better.  Rest and relax.

"for we live by faith, not by sight" - 2 Corinthians 5:7 Dx 10/24/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/12/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 4/2/2009 Breast Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel

Mar 20, 2010 03:31PM cakeisgreat wrote:

Mary, WOW that must have been so hard to go through with your sons!  I have 4 children ages 13-7 and they are so sweet right now, but I realize that things could creep in that are out of my control like drugs that could ruin them and break my heart!  It is hard when you have to do your best but leave their own decisions in Gods hands.  I am so glad you are all reconciled.  Bet they'll THANK you someday for being such a great mom.  Homeschooling is like the ultimate sacrifice!

lovinmomma--WOW (2nd wow, LOL!) I've seen your screen name around the boards, and didnt know you have 7 kids!  How cool is that!  I have a friend who has 10 kids and they are all such great kids who love the Lord.  Her oldest son just got married. 

Hey, patoo, great to see you here too!

~Cake (is always great!)

Mar 20, 2010 04:19PM C130sunshine wrote:

Spar2...hope you feel better.

Welcome all....I am so happy to see a thread for Christians.  I place where we can support and prayer for each other.

C130sunshine Dx 4/4/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 20, 2010 08:02PM cakeisgreat wrote:

Well, I already have a prayer request if you guys dont mind.  My oldest daughter's best friend, age 13, just found out she has a brain tumor!  She was fainting in school, so they did an MRI and that's how they found it.  They are waiting 3 months to see if it will grow, which I think is ludicrous, she should be at the Philadelphia specialized hospital or something like that!  But anyway, please pray that God would heal her.  She is the sweetest 13 year old you could meet and both of them love the Lord.  My daughter just lost her grandpa, her grandma has metastatic colon cancer, I'm dealing with cancer, and now her best friend has a brain tumor?!  What up with that?!

Her bff's name is Allie.  I'll keep you posted as I hear stuff.

~Cake (is always great!)

Page 2 of 1,842 (18,415 results)

Scroll to top button