Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 4 of 1,842 (18,415 results)

Mar 21, 2010 06:08PM patoo wrote:

Shoulda seen their faces last summer after a trip to a "Christian" town on the water.  We went down and had lunch then listened to a Christian comic on the boardwalk, walked through a grassy area that some vendors had set up.  It was a one-hour drive and I drove the van.  Didn't tell them until we got back that it was the first time I had ever driven a bus!!!!  Thankfully it was only a 15 passenger bus so it really was easy to handle.  LOL 

But yes, some of our seniors although "pew warmers" still need to be included in fellowship.  As a single myself I know what it's like to be left out, even though it's not intentional on other's part.

"for we live by faith, not by sight" - 2 Corinthians 5:7 Dx 10/24/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/12/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 4/2/2009 Breast Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel

Mar 21, 2010 07:08PM spar2 wrote:

Patoo, what wonderfu ministries and so needed.  After we get our church in better repair maybe we can start something like that here.  God has been placing it on my heart to start a food ministry, something like cook a huge pot of stew or chili and invite all senior citizens for a free meal once a month at the church.  Also maybe fix up a bag of groceries for a different poor family monthy.  Right now my ministries are in building and updating the church web site and the newspaper articles each week.

I am studing Ephesians right now about Paul and Gods amazing grace and mercy.

Today I am watching a show on hoarders and am still in a state of shock that people could live like that.

Hope you all have a good evening, am so looking forward to getting to know you each better.

I would also like to know if you have any plans to try new things like parasailing or visiting a new place or learning a new craft.

Mar 21, 2010 07:44PM patoo wrote:

Going on a missions trip to Nicaragua in November.  Not new because my first missions trip was there about 5 years ago but I'm excited anyway.

I did parasail in Mexico a hundred years ago.  Actually, I would do it again if I thought the parasale could hold me.  I was probably a hundred lbs lighter back then.  JO, are you planning a vacation?  Where?

"for we live by faith, not by sight" - 2 Corinthians 5:7 Dx 10/24/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/12/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 4/2/2009 Breast Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel

Mar 21, 2010 08:03PM badger wrote:

Patoo - here's a song for you: Jesus Take the Wheel Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3bHLRU-2I

I think it's about more than just driving a car (or a bus) don't you?

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 21, 2010 08:12PM patoo wrote:

Yes groundhog.  It's one of my favorites since I'm behind the wheel so often.  People have bumper stickers that say "Jesus is my co-pilot" but I know I'm the "co' and He's in charge.

You ladies are all so precious.  Thanks.

Mar 21, 2010 09:48PM spar2 wrote:

JO, LOL it would be a sight for sore eyes.  You could take a vacation to see me and stay here and we could take you around okla to the parks and go canoeing, to the museums, Can you see I am talking like I am going to be healed which I still believe and very soon.

Patoo, is there a weight limit on parasailing?  If there is that leaves me out.  What an exciting mission trip to Nicaragra, can't even spell it LOL  I have a friend named Jennifer Thomas that is on a mission trip for 2 years in vanatu, she is on facebook if anyone wants to look at her pictures there.

Groundhog very good song for Patoo.  Love carrie underwood.

Here is a picture for Jackie.

bunchofcats.jpg bunches of cats picture by spark56_photo

Mar 22, 2010 08:18AM cakeisgreat wrote:

Adorable picture!

I am off to do my Bible reading this morning...I'm in Mark.  I WAS in Psalms and read it through twice because I needed the comfort with all the cancer stuff.  Also, I found Ecclesiastes comforting which is interesting.

Oh, btw, if you guys ever miss church and want to watch a live service, my church does it on Wed, Sat, and Sundays.  My pastor...Lloyd Pulley...is a great verse-by-verse Bible teacher and church has been around for 25+ years (I've been there 20 years).  Just go to www.ccob.org and click on the "service in progress" button or there's a button to the right.

Also...if you just want to watch good teaching, another great verse-by-verse Bible teacher is Jon Courson.  www.joncourson.com.  He has an OUTSTANDING series on Revelation, but he's done all the books of the Bible a couple times over, has lots of books, etc.  He also lost his first wife years and years ago to a car accident, and then his daughter about 10 years ago (I remember that!) to another car accident!  Very humble guy.  

~Cake (is always great!)

Mar 22, 2010 08:58AM kmccraw423 wrote:

I'm waxing nostalgic today.  When I let the dogs out, even though raining, the air smelled so good and the temperature was just right.  I wanted to leave the back door to the deck open.  That is not a safe thing to do.  Does anyone remember when you didn't lock your doors and windows.  There were no latch-key kids ... you didn't need a key!

Spar ... the picture of all the kitties is too cute.  Incidentally, that's how at one time I had 10 cats!  I wish I could have a houseful of them and would except (1) not my house and (2) can't take care of them.  We have a hoarder in our family and some blossoming hoarders.  My grandmother's sister's daughter was one for sure.  I think that makes her a first cousin once removed.  She died in her thirties leaving a 12 year old son.  My parents went to Philadelphia to clean up the house.  She had unopened baby clothes she had bought for her son, newspapers stocked high in the bathtub (I guess they all took sponge baths).  There was a path through the house.  The rest of us are also somewhat hoarders.  Certainly the sister I live with is just inside the fringe area, I like to buy stuff but I displayed it so I could enjoy it, my aunt is just inside the line!

Cake, thanks for those websites.

Groundhog ... sound not hooked up on our computer but when it is I will listen to the song.

Patoo ... that's exciting - Nicaragua.  My sister decided to go to Africa for her mission trip and she is taking our two nieces.  One is 20 and in college and the other is 17.  Both have been on church missions - I think Rose went to Nicaragua too and Teresa went to an Indian reservation in Arizonia.  Both of your missions sound like they are really needed.  Bless you for reaching out!

And for all ... if God seems far away, who moved?  Love you all!

Kathleen Dx 10/3/2008, DCIS, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 22, 2010 02:02PM treak wrote:

Good morning everyone!

It is a beautiful day in Lompoc CA, will be about 65 degrees today. Not bad for march 22. I am amazed at the posts I have been reading. This is a new experience for me. I love reading about your Christian journeys through life. I don't have much to report on that subject. I was saved as a child, but like many people I decided that I was super woman and did not need God. About 15 years ago the Holy Spirit began talking to me. I was working at a school that is about 50 miles from my home and it was during this commute that I began to hear the Spirit speaking to me. I was having problems with my youngest son and drug addiction. The Spirit reminded me that he was there to help me, that I could not deal with this problem on my own. I began to use that hour commute time to pray each morning and loved the comfort of knowing that ultimately God was in charge, that I could not fix it. During the next 3 years the Spirit repeatedly called me back to Him, but I was trying to walk the world's path and God's path. In Spring 2000 my recurrent back problem became severe. As time went on, although I saw Drs. it became worse. In fact I was on crutches and the next step was a wheel chair, as I was losing the feeling in my legs. As I was laying on the couch in severe pain I heard the Spirit telling me" If you will turn this over to me I will take care of you." I cried out to God and said I surrender. That same day things began to happen that people have trouble believing. I was referred to a renowned surgeon, who saw me on a Saturday! Within a week I had sugery. I was in the hospital one night and walked out of the hospital the next morning, PAIN FREE! I have read many  times of people who say that God brought them to thier knees before they trusted them. In my case put me flat on my back. I have grown closer and closer to God since that time. I had a Christian primary care Dr. who prayed with with me and guided my bible study during those first few months, another miracle! My husband accepted Christ as his savior (big miracle). We have been attending Lompoc Foursquare Church where I teach sunday school to 1st and 2nd graders, the highlight of my week! God has been so good! When I was diagnosed with ILC I knew (from experience) that God would take care of me. I surrendered all of it to God. I am ready to go home to him anytime. My prayers were for my family, who were having a much more difficult time with the diagnosis that I was. The prayer team at church and support of friends sustained me. I truly feel that I am now healed. But the Drs. seem to have a set routine. I am not trying to be obstinate nor am I in denial. The experts have their opinions, but it is truly my choice as to the treatment that I receive, Radiation or further surgery. Mastectomy was never reccomended nor considered. The "mass" was small, less than 3/4 inches and no lymph node involvement. I am praying for guidance in making the decision. I have an appointment on 3/31 to see an onocologist (recommended by a friend a church). Please pray for me to make the right decision. I am sorry to write so much. You are all probably tired of reading this. I promise in the future to keep it short. I am praying for all of you. I will get to know you more as I read your posts. This forum seems full of strong Christian women. Praise God for you all!

Mar 22, 2010 04:21PM barbe1958 wrote:

As for bumper stickers; my DH and I had motorcycles a looooong time ago but we put bumper stickers on our helmets!

"Angels, never leave home without them!"

"Never drive faster than your angel can fly!"

Dx 12/10/2008, IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/16/2008 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 2/4/2016, IDC: Papillary, Left, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/11/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 2/17/2016 Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Page 4 of 1,842 (18,415 results)

Scroll to top button