We are 214,047 members in 82 forums discussing 152,598 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 547 of 547 (16,388 results)

Posts 16381 - 16388 (16,388 total)

Dec 8, 2018 11:49PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Joanne, I totally agree. That's how we grow our faith muscles.

Good night all.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Dec 10, 2018 01:50PM JO-5 wrote:

Part of my devotion today.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Some people get this messed up. It says IN all things, not FOR all things.

God loves us just the way we are.... but He loves us too much to leave us the way we are.

Being thankful IN trials is only good if we know what He can accomplish in us through trials.

Sometimes a hard lesson to learn.

God bless all of you

Joanne

Org dx 04 lumpectomy rads arimidex stage 1 grade 3 no nodes er+pr+her- 2014 rads induced angiosarcoma, wide excision 2015 angio recurrence, rt mast. Lat flap, 1/3 flap went necrotic, skin graft leg to chest Seeing dr every 3 to 6 months.

Dec 10, 2018 03:31PM Ade wrote:

Nancy your pix are ALL Outstanding - too hard to choose!

Joanne, your posts are so right on. Thank you! How are you holding up and how is Michelle doing? And Teresa?

Sorry to not be here much - combination of no energy & my busy season at my work (but that's a good thing).

Lord bless you all,

Ade

Dx 11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/26/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Dec 10, 2018 09:40PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Joanne, that is a good word. Today has been a huge trial for me and the Lord finally calmed me down but it took some time. Fighting to get needed meds is wearing very thin but God keeps saying trust me in this. So I am trying to do that.

Ade, it is good to hear from you. I figured this is your busy time. Praying you have the needed strength to do all that you need to do for your business and of course in your personal life. Thanks for you nice comments on my photos.

Ellen, it sounds like the Carolinas have experienced another big challenging weather event. Hope you are doing okay. Praying your children's choir is shaping up and will be ready to sing at your special service.

Have a good evening dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Dec 10, 2018 09:53PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

video-1544383610.mp4

Not sure if this will open but a friend sent this to me. It made me cry.

Dec 11, 2018 03:07PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Dear friends of faith,

I am praying that you can feel the peace in this banner. I know that this can be one of the most stressful times of the year and it is a shame that in our world today this is unfortunately the reality for many.

I had shared yesterday about the trial that I had yesterday in trying to get meds. I prayed about this and felt God saying trust me in this, I will work this out for you. I lost a swim session today because I spent an hour on the phone with my insurance. This person was a gem and was SO helpful. In the end God came through and beyond my expectations.

I will see the neurologist tomorrow that I have been waiting for weeks to see about this brain tumor. I am praying that I will leave her office with the same peace that I have had which has really been a miracle in and of itself. I know many have been praying for me and for that I am so thankful. I know those prayers have helped me get to this point. I know God will see me through to the finish however and whatever that may look like.

Praying that you all will feel peace today. One thing God has shown me throughout this year and that is don't sweat the small stuff. I know most of the things in the past I have worried and stewed about were small stuff in the big scheme.

Love,

Nancy

22 hours ago Ade wrote:

The Christmas Peace banner is so peaceful & beautiful. I am dealing with some unreasonable and cranky customers (I hate to say it but the Christian buyers are really no nicer than the non ones - very sad!). I am trying to be kind and understand that they may be dealing with a lot on their plates too and don't have an outlet to vent to. I can and do pray for those crabby folks. :o) Jesus loves them too.

Nancy I pray your peace found in Christ alone will remain and you will get GOOD news from the neurologist. We're lifting you up in prayer. Praising Him with you about the medication ordeal! We sent in the new application and are now waiting to see if James will get the free medication for the NEXT year. (It is a BIG deal for us!)

I head off to Midland tomorrow for the 6-month Onc. checkup. Not expecting any surprises. Wishing it wasn't 3 hours away & the traffic wasn't so awful up there! Will be gone ALLL day. (But we get to have a dinner out - wooHOO!)

Joanne, praying for strength and peace for you, and of course praying for Teresa & Michelle.

A big Texas HOWDY to the ladies I haven't gotten to greet yet - WELCOME!

Love & blessings,

Ade

Dx 11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/26/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

17 hours ago bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thank you Ade. Praying James can get good news on his meds being paid for and that your long commute to your MO is safe and hopefully not too exhausting. Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

Page 547 of 547 (16,388 results)