Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 590 of 1,831 (18,305 results)

Aug 12, 2014 07:21PM Deborahanne wrote:

Char, I saw your facebook posting and I'm truly amazed at your accomplishment!!!

“I have a great need for Christ: I have a great Christ for my need.” Charles H. Spurgeon Dx 6/17/2013, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/24/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/5/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/9/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 12, 2014 07:24PM Deborahanne wrote:

Char, I think I posted too soon...I hope and pray your knee is doing better and that you fully recover!

“I have a great need for Christ: I have a great Christ for my need.” Charles H. Spurgeon Dx 6/17/2013, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/24/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/5/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/9/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 12, 2014 07:41PM Deborahanne wrote:

Sue - I just got caught up with all that's been going on with you. I'm so thankful to God for all the blessings He brings your way! I'm continuing to pray for your health and the upcoming thoracentesis as well as for your blood counts to improve. Also, praying for your dental needs. It may be that the medical insurance will pay since it is chemo related. May God give you comfort, minimal discomfort, and encouragement during these difficult times!

Aug 12, 2014 07:56PM Deborahanne wrote:

Kathy - good hearing from you again. Regarding "hot flashes", I agree with Bev. It turns out my situation is identical to Bev's. Char mentioned using Black Cohosh. Be sure and consult your oncologist before using it. I searched online and there appears to be some concern that it could interfere with the action of tamoxifen. I think there are other solutions doctors have. MO told me there were but since I haven't had hot flashes, I'm unaware of what they are.  Deborah

Aug 12, 2014 08:21PM - edited Aug 12, 2014 10:40PM by milehighgirl

Wow, a lot has gone on in 24 hours!

Ladyb, how are you feeling and when is your next infusion?  Char, praying over that knee, especially with school starting.  I sure wish I had the energy of the Energizer bunny 'cause I'm so dragged out all the time.

Anyone heard from Glenfae?  Hope she is okay.  Nancy, praying for a safe trip home for you.  Glad you've had a good trip.

Lucy, so sorry to hear about your son but will add him to the prayer list along with your husband.  Thank you for your kind words.  I think you should write about your mom.  It's a great subject.  And, talk about a kiss from God.  How wonderful about the mobile home.  When something like that comes out of left field, it HAS to be from God.  Praying you can get it for $25k, lol.

Deborah, what a wonderful vacation you had!  Beaching is one of my favorite pasttimes.

Well, I had another long day.  I picked up my new computer but haven't used it yet.  Too tired to do anything with it and I had to leave for the hospital.  I got in again with the oncs office and am scheduled for yet another thorocentesis tomorrow morning.  I then spent the afternoon on the phone rearranging appointments.  The surgeon's office finally called me back and I may be having my 2nd lung surgery next Wednesday.  Looks like I'll be in the hospital for awhile again.

I'm really tired tonight so this will be short.  Blessings all.  Sue

Aug 12, 2014 08:33PM Deborahanne wrote:

Sorry for all the postings - I'm still trying to catch up with you all.

Lucy- I'm so glad you are doing well and getting some help around the house. I'm praying your liver counts do not rise.

Carren- Glad your seroma is resolving - I loved your story about the pads! It does seem the feminine products are much different than when I was using them. 

Anita- Praying that your lymphedema improves. 

Angie - welcome! I'm so glad you're doing well on your first treatment of chemo. Many of us have been through this and can help you as needed. You are in my prayers! 

Becky - I hope and pray you are doing well! You've certainly been through a lot! 

Mini - I'm so glad you had a chance to help with VBS - how encouraging what you saw the young people doing! 

Nancy - I'm so glad you had a good birthday and all is going well with your visit with your mom. I hope and pray you doing well on the Anastrozole/arimidex. I saw your comment about using our journey to glorify God and it made me think about this article that made a great impression on me when I was told I had cancer. If you haven't already read it, I hope that it will be a blessing for you. Even before I read it, I knew I'd be doing what is mentioned, but to have these men share as they did, really encouraged me!  

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/dont-waste-you...

Sharon - I sent you a message - hopefully well get to visit again in Lexington as soon as your live slows down some.

Bev - thanks again for all your encouragement and for being a dear encourager for my friend Elissabeth! 

For the others we haven't heard from in a while - continued prayers for you and your families!

love, Deborah

Aug 12, 2014 09:04PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I will write more after I am settled back home. I know I will forget something and will apologize now for leaving anyone out.

Deborrah- Welcome home. Your picture of the beach looks amazing! I love your scriptures. Thanks for the link. I will look that up after writing this. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time with your daughter.

Lucy- I will pray for both your son and your husband. The house situation sounds unbelievable. I sure hope that works out for you.

Sue- I sure hate to hear that you have to have another lung surgery. I will pray that you can find someone who can help you during your stay. Deborah mentioned that maybe your health insurance would pay your dental if there is a way to prove that your dental issues are chemo related. That is certainly worth checking out.

Char- I hope your knee improves before school starts. My sister is back to school THIS Thursday. I can't believe it. When does your school start?

I had a good time with my mom and my sister. I hope when I come back in October that I will feel more myself where I can do more. I am frustrated that I am still feeling radiation fatigue but hopefully that will improve. I am waiting to take my supplements that deal with my other health issues until I am on Anastrozole a little longer. I have searched for hours looking for interactions and unfortunately the main website that answers those questions comes with a big price tag in a subscription. My pharmacist suggested possibly waiting for a month before adding things back in just to see what the side affects might be for me.

I still pray for all of you hear whether mentioning you by name or not. Take care. Will be back when able.

Love

Nancy BW

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 12, 2014 09:32PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Deborah,

I read most of the link you sent me. This obviously is something that needs to be digested slowly so I will need to reread a few times. This quote jumped off the page at me.

"The aim of God in your cancer (among a thousand other good things) is to knock props out from under our hearts so that we rely utterly on him." I think this article explains why I never wanted to use the phrase I am battling cancer and why I would shudder hearing someone speaking of a Christian losing their battle with cancer.

I know that I am no where near where God wants me to be. My need for Him grows bigger as I get closer to Him.

Thank you so much for that article.

Love,

Nancy BW

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 13, 2014 07:28PM saltyjack wrote:

Arrrrggghhh!  I've read several of the posts where folks say they lost long responses and was feeling kind of froggy since it hadn't happened to me in a while. Well, I just lost a long one and of course, I think it was wonderful. I'm sure this one won't be nearly as good because now I'm cranky and tired.  Sigh.....

Sue, so glad your computer situation worked out. I'm still praying for the dental work - hopefully God will send a couple more miracles your way so you won't have to worry about that. I'll be praying for you with the lung this week and for you to make arrangements for surgery. It's so great that we have each other all over the country and even world - but sometimes it sure would be nice to be close by so that we could help you out!

Lucy, I'll be praying for you and your family. Isn't God's timing amazing - you weren't able to go camping but it seems like He's working out the perfect home for you!  You'll be joining Sharon in the downsizing/packing up chores soon.

Deborah, what a blessing that you and your daughter had such a good trip - I loved the picture of the ocean. Thanks for the "Don't Waste your Cancer" link again. I read it the first time you posted it but I needed it just as much again. As you said, it's hard to wrap my mind around cancer, recurrence and future plans. I'll just go back to our mantra - I'm here by God's appointment....and He knows what will be best for me with an eternal perspective. I've enjoyed emailing and talking with your friend Elissabeth - and hopefully we can all get together later this year.

Debbie, how are you doing? Hopefully your pain is manageable and the treatments are going well.

Becky, so good to hear from you again! How long is your break from treatment? What's next for you?

Nancy/BW, what a blessing that you and your family were able to have the time together. I'll be praying for you as you balance all your meds - and hopefully don't have any problems or SE from the arimidex.

My husband and I are in Palo Duro Canyon in the Texas panhandle. He keeps saying, "I can't believe this is Texas" - it's not at all the flat, dry countryside we're used to in west Texas. 

Char, I know school is starting soon and you're probably trying to get lots of chores and activities squeezed in before that first day of school. How is the knee?

Angie, praying for you as you continue through chemo. Our Great Physician is bigger than those nasty SE. It's just so strange having the body you thought you knew act (and react) so differently than you're used to. One day at a time....we'll pray you through it!

love, Bev

God's will won't put me where His presence won't sustain me. (from "The Red Sea Rules" by John Morgan) Dx 8/12/2013, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 8/29/2013 AC Targeted Therapy 11/21/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/21/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/21/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/6/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 5/31/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 14, 2014 11:05PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi Bev,

Hope you ard your husband are enjoying your trip. The pic is beautiful. I am home now but not feeling well tonight. I had a long time to pray for all of you on my way home. Will talk more later.

Love,

Nancy BW

Page 590 of 1,831 (18,305 results)

Scroll to top button