Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 592 of 1,852 (18,516 results)

Aug 16, 2014 10:10AM ADJ wrote:

Wow! The pictures posted here are so uplifting. I join my faith with you all for Sue's busy week especially, for everyone mentioned here for healing, strength and courage. Sue, you know that I share some of your issues. You are on my heart. And have you found that hospital companion yet? Having been an oncology nurse for 20 years, I am wondering if the nurses or nurse manager of the floor you go to, have names of volunteers? 

We all are chosen daughters of the Most High, and no weapon formed against us shall prosper.

Anita

Mustard seed faith. " I would have lost heart if I did not believe I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Surgery 1/6/2003 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/6/2003 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 7/2011, Stage IV, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/25/2011 AC Chemotherapy 10/27/2011 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/26/2011 Bone Radiation Therapy 2/28/2012 Bone Radiation Therapy 4/21/2013 Bone Chemotherapy 12/17/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 2/18/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 4/22/2014 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 16, 2014 12:23PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Hi Sue,

Your pics are beautiful. I love the sustenance title. So appropriate! God will sustain YOU through this hour, this day, this week. I have prayed for you so many times and will continue to do so. Yes, I do believe God wants me to slow down. My good email friend from NY gave me a scolding the other day and that was before I got sick. She said I wish you could see yourself as I see you. She said I put way too much pressure on myself and I needed to slow down. Gee I think God is trying to tell me something! I still feel poorly so will take it easy today. No nursing home volunteering for me today.Scared 

That will give me more opportunity to pray for you. I am praying that your body will tolerate the new chemo and that God will give this doctor on Monday wisdom in how to proceed regarding the surgery. God must have something really big planned for you after all of this battle!

I like Lucy's idea that with all of us praying at different times and of course in different time zones you could be covered around the clock. This is a great place for prayer and support.

Yes Anita, no weapon formed against us shall prosper. AMEN!

Sue, if you enjoy the flower pics I can send more from other years.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 16, 2014 10:35PM milehighgirl wrote:

Good evening all.  Thank you so much for your prayers.  They are an encouragement to me.

Anita, I did find someone to be with me through surgery.  They'll have to leave once I'm out from under the anesthesia but I'm grateful to have someone there.  How about you?  Pain and neuropathy any better?  My neuropathy is a little bit worse with the new chemo but it's manageable.

Nancy, I hope you're feeling better today.  Rest lady!

Well, I went off to the hospital for shot #1 of the neupogen today.  Of course they didn't have the order so why am I not surprised after  waiting at the hospital pharmacy for three hours yesterday for them to get it straight.  Fortunately there was a really good nurse on duty who got it worked out and did so fairly quickly.  I told them they'd be seeing indoor fireworks if I left without it, lol.  Then last night I was still up at 3:00 a.m. because I was wired from the steroid pre-meds I'd had yesterday before chemo.  Sooo, as much as I didn't want to it was naptime this afternoon.  My breathing was okay until I took the nap, then it was back to the oxygen, grrrrrrr.

Mostly a quiet day.  Hope everyone had a great day.  Char - hope you didn't do too much again today!

Blessings.  Sue

Aug 16, 2014 10:53PM ADJ wrote:

I am so glad that Sue has a hospital companion. Jesus with skin on, perhaps?

Sue, do you have the name of your new chemo? No big deal. I also take neupogen weekly, every Monday before Wed.'s Abraxane. One dose seems to do the trick for me. Then I have volcanoes bms, starting anytime from Fri. On, just once each day. The pain is about the same as it has been, but I feel the neuropathy is worse. I just want to be able to walk!

Indoor fireworks, hmmm?

Anita

Mustard seed faith. " I would have lost heart if I did not believe I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Surgery 1/6/2003 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/6/2003 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 7/2011, Stage IV, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/25/2011 AC Chemotherapy 10/27/2011 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/26/2011 Bone Radiation Therapy 2/28/2012 Bone Radiation Therapy 4/21/2013 Bone Chemotherapy 12/17/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 2/18/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 4/22/2014 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 16, 2014 11:10PM milehighgirl wrote:

I'm with you Anita on just wanting to walk but also have to add breathing, lol.  My neuropathy is coupled with my lymphedema so I'm numb from the knee to the toes on the left leg.  Just starting to notice more in the right foot so keeping my fingers crossed. 

The new chemo is Eribulen (Halaven).  I do two weeks on and one week off but after the first week three weeks ago, all of my counts tanked so I couldn't do the second week.  It's taken three weeks for them to come back, thus the neupogen.  I'm supposed to get three shots.  The NP said that if my counts were good enough next week, I may not have to have them after the second week.  Although, I don't know how they'll know since it will be my week off.  Hmmmm.  How did they figure out you only needed one shot ?

Aug 16, 2014 11:43PM ADJ wrote:

Sue, good question about the neupogen, as earlier this year, I was taking 2 shots. And while I do have lymphedema, I never had a pump. I was thinking you did, but I don't recall you liking it. God bless your Halaven experience!

Anita

Aug 17, 2014 12:43AM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Evening My Friends,

Sue - glad you are feeling a little better and I am so glad you have someone to go with you on Wed. You will bounce back so stay strong as that is what we will pray for.  What are the se that are associated with that drug?  I had neuropathy in my fingers when I was on Abraxane. I added 30 grams of L-glutamine every day and added P5P B6. So glad you got your shot today. I was told that I should never not have it after my Abraxane. I had to have my neupogen shots for two days after the Abraxane as one shot was not enough. There was only one time that my counts were low that I couldn't have my drug but I had to have my shots for two days every time. They need to do a blood draw to check it it would think. Probably something you should ask about. 

Char - you will be great and do a wonderful job. Seems like the summer went fast for me. 

Angie - how awesome that you are an oncology nurse. It sounds familiar I think but I am not sure. I know that I have been so blessed with some awesome nurses who take care of me every 2 weeks. I do have a question regarding your comment about volcanoes bms, not  what you mean by that. Is that a SE from the Abraxane?  My SE from Abraxane were minimal spotty bloody nose and neuropathy in my finger tips. I was on it as part of my study trial for 5.5 months along with Avastin and now I am on a daily pill Erlotinib along with the Avastin. 

The camping trip has been a really good time. Had my BFF Terri and her DH spend the day with us. My brother showed up after work yesterday so he has his own motorhome. The weather has been great here at the ocean. My BFF and I spent the day going to second hand stores and garage sales. It was a good time. Ended the day with a fabulous dinner at an Irish pub/restaurant that has amazing food. We pack it up tomorrow and have to check out by 12:00 for a 2 hour drive back to the homestead. We did a lot of walking which is good being as I wasn't able to do my third day at curves this week. I have been wearing my pedometer to try and get 10k steps a day. Don't do it most days but it is always nice to shoot for it...lol. My average day is more like 5k. I want to try my best to exercise as it is so important to help fight this terrible disease. 

Also, I asked my onc last week about increasing my vit D3 to a higher amount than the 2k I am taking now and she said I could raise it to 4k but no higher. She will also order my blood draw to show what my level is so I know. She said with my diet I am probably getting more than I think. So it will be good to know what it is. 

I can't believe it wi be a year on the 28th that I was dx. It's been an amazing journey and I have been blessed and kissed by The Lord plenty. I give Him all the glory for where I am today...thank you Father God for being with me every step of the way. I had a reminder notice that it was time for my annual with my gyno and I have to say I had a bit of anxiety flood through me. So I asked my MO if I could see someone at the center and she is having the gyno call me to see me. We also will be talking about options regarding a hysterectomy. Had an aunt with ovarian cancer and with my cancer it is recommended. Heard other opinions on this so we need to discuss. Part of me just wants it all out so I don't have to worry about those cancers. I think this type of procedure is pretty easy these days. Maybe I already posted this so if I did sorry for the repeat. But it's all on my mind now. 

Well have a great night and restful sleep. Keeping you all in prayers. Love and blessings...Lucy 

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 17, 2014 08:23AM ADJ wrote:

Hi, Lucy,

I have been on weekly abraxane or taxol since Dec. 18th, and diahrrea is a dog gone side effect.

Haven't been able to work since Sept., but still have patients asking about me. Now I sure do miss them!

Anita

Aug 17, 2014 11:16AM GardenGal777 wrote:

Hello Sisters of Faith,

Praying for your needs always. It is amazing how The Holy Spirit will press upon me someone to pray for at a specific moment. He knows that one of you have a need at that moment and needs prayer. What a great network prayer is and it's FREE!

When I think back to my race a few weeks ago, I think, you crazy girl, you should not have done that race and yet I know it was prayers that carried me through it. I felt them carry me. 

When I was looking for bulletin board ideas and quotes this weekend, I came across this quote. What it has to do with PE shows I was meant to share it. I know that each experience I have in my life allows me to use it to share it with others. It makes it real and as all you teacher's know, applying things to real life makes learning more meaningful to the learner. I will have some new experiences to share with my kids so they can apply them to their own life. 

"Because God gave you your makeup and superintended every moment of your past, including all the hardship, pain, and struggles, He wants to use your words in a unique manner. No one else can speak through your vocal cords, and, equally important, no one else has your story."

Charles R. Swindoll

This about says it all. Sending you a photo of my prayer corner of my garden.

Blessings, 

Char

Dx 8/18/2013 Surgery 10/17/2013 Lumpectomy: Right

Aug 17, 2014 01:04PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Morning Warriors...praying you're enjoying this great day. Hopefully those of you who are able are able to get up and go to church. It's always nice to recharge for the coming week. I know I sure need it some Sundays more than others. We didn't go as we packed up and are on the road homeward bound. It was a very nice weekend break. 

Anita - I suspected that is what you meant. Do you take any Zofran prior to your Abraxane?  I did even though they said it want necessary I didn't take any chances. I didn't have the big D while on Abraxane for 5 months so I wonder if that helped. I have to take a senokot every night actually since the start of all this as I suffer more with constipation. The big SE with the pill I am on is the big D as well but I don't have it and they are surprised. It's the most common SE so far on the study but leave it to me to stump them yet again. There are no SE to the liver yet I did it there too with my liver #'s elevated. 

Char that is a wonderful photo and I can really feel the peace there. I like that. I need to do something like that in my yard. Just a little piece if heaven. Thanks for sharing. 

Well we have about a two hour drive so sitting back to enjoy the view and thanking God for Hos many blessings. 

Have a blessed Sunday ladies...Lucy 

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Page 592 of 1,852 (18,516 results)

Scroll to top button