Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 599 of 1,842 (18,415 results)

Aug 26, 2014 08:44PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to let you all know that I just got off the phone with Sue.  She is very sore but the surgery went well.  She is asking for prayer that the fluid doesn't go anywhere else and this is healed.  She is going to order some dinner and hopes to take a little walk in a while.  She walked a little bit already earlier today so her legs are doing ok.  She is hooked up to the pumps now so that is helping.  She will be in the hospital for a few days and she is thinking maybe being released by Saturday.  She said the hospital is a good one and they are being good to her and taking good care of her. 

She says thank you for the prayers and she appreciates them so much.  Let's keep those prayers coming ladies and just pray hard and steady for Sue to have a strong and speedy recovery.

It was so good to hear her voice as she sounded pretty good and it made me feel good to talk with her.

Not to take anything away from Sue but I had a call from my nurse just before I got home and my liver counts are ok, a little elevated but not a concern so we will hold steady on the new pill dose.  Also my CT scan results are holding steady and no change or progression.  I was praying the last 2 tumors would be gone but I will take this as well.  I was not able to talk to her as she left a message so I will call and get more detail tomorrow.  We have lots to PRAISE our Lord about today...THANK YOU GOD, JESUS, HOLY SPIRIT. 

Blessings Warriors...Lucy

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 26, 2014 09:00PM saltyjack wrote:

Oh, Lucy - thank you so much for the update! We've all been praying and thinking so much about Sue and you today (and Kate too - hope you get a chance to let us know how the latest scan went?).  Thank you, God, for all the good news and answers to prayer.  I'll keep praying!

Char, praying for you this week as school is starting - how many years till retirement? :)

God bless you all, my sweet sisters!  Bev

God's will won't put me where His presence won't sustain me. (from "The Red Sea Rules" by John Morgan) Dx 8/12/2013, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 8/30/2013 AC Targeted Therapy 11/22/2013 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/22/2013 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/22/2013 Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/7/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 26, 2014 09:07PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

We need to be rejoicing LOUD and hard today...I just feel amazing and as I walked into my house tonight I was rejoicing and praising out loud.  It felt so good.  I just really want all of us to do this if we can and just give God the glory for his work and love in our lives.  We really are very blessed. 

I will update you as I talk with Sue until she is up for posting.

I am praying for all of you and we just need to keep the prayers going up.  This can be just amazing and so powerful so lets all jump on this prayer wagon and get a kiss from our Father God!  Have a great night everyone...I am just filled with so much love right now and I am so hoping it is coming through so you can all feel it.  Blessings and love to you all my sisters!

Lucy

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 26, 2014 09:48PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thanks Lucy for sharing about Sue. I have prayed for her so much today and am so glad to hear the surgery is over and that she was able to walk today. I will certainly be praying for this fluid situation and for her overall recovery.

Lucy that is great news on your scans. We can keep praying that those tumors vanish.

Angie, praying for you for your chemo treatment for tomorrow. I pray for victory over fear and that God will envelope you in His peace.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 26, 2014 11:36PM ladyb1234 wrote:

Lucy, thank you for the update on Sue! Will be praying fervently for Sue’s strong and speedy recovery. I do feel the love and the Praise coming through your post. I am rejoicing with you tonight Lucy and all my sisters in Christ. I am rejoicing and PTL for all that he has done and will continue to do in our lives. We are so very blessed.

Lucy, it is great news on the scans and I am prayer that the tumors are removed.

Thanks all for the prayer coverage as I go into my 2nd round of Chemo tomorrow.

Nancy, thank you for the specific prayer for peace and removal of all fear with the treatment.

Blessings to all my Sisters in Christ,

-Angie

Once or twice in our lives, we are given the chance to find out just how much inner strength we possess. Usually we find we have far more than we ever imagined. (Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me). Dx 6/9/2014, IDC, Left, Grade 2, 8/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/10/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary

Aug 27, 2014 12:13AM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Angie we are lifting you up in prayer as well. Don't be afraid, we all know exactly what you're feeling. I was so filled with fear at the start of my journey. One day I just gave it all to God and laid it at the cross. I had the most amazing peace come over me and it was like that the whole journey. I did hit one slump but then I remembered giving it to The Lord and He got me last it. 

He is there with you just lien he was with me in my CT scan yesterday.

Remember this verse and promise...Do not be afraid — I am with you! I am your God — let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you.  Isaiah 41:10

It's one of my favorites...Lucy 

Aug 27, 2014 12:42AM - edited Aug 27, 2014 12:43AM by ladyb1234

Thanks for the prayers and on-time encouragement Lady Warriors! 

Lucy, I will take that scripture and verse with me tonight in prayer and tomorrow in chemo.   I will not be afraid.

Amen!

-Angie

Once or twice in our lives, we are given the chance to find out just how much inner strength we possess. Usually we find we have far more than we ever imagined. (Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me). Dx 6/9/2014, IDC, Left, Grade 2, 8/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/10/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary

Aug 27, 2014 07:58AM GardenGal777 wrote:

Thank you Lucy. You are a gem for keeping in contact with Sue. I am praying up a storm for her. She needs our prayers as all of you do. PTL on your news too. I have been praying for your counts and scan. 

Off to work in my room for a few hours. Ran this morning to clear the cob webs and shaved 45 secs off my mile time. Not back to where it was but I ran with no pain and I am forever thankful to God to just be able to do it again. 

Bev: Retirement ultimately is 2 years out but I will let my health, work situations and especially God be the deciding factor. I know it's on the horizon but so is Christ's return. One may come before the other so I will live for the moment and start looking into the long term decision this coming year.

Dx 8/18/2013 Surgery 10/17/2013 Lumpectomy: Right

Aug 27, 2014 08:15AM Carren-LB-at-2-0-clock wrote:

Update: Well, I am back at work part-time and not on here to much. It has been an event full time since my last report of my LB with the drainage in July. After 3 weeks it (where the tumor was removed) opened up and the surgeon now has me with the Home Care Nurses. I noticed that I am a controller. I felt 'old' and 'invalid' when they came to my house (pride) so I decided to go TO them at their office. LOL They are now seeing me every other day to clean and re-pack the open wound I now have in my LB. One nurse told me NOT to work - that the energy I expended there was needed to heal the wound. My family physician said to GET OUT and exercise to help with my swollen feet and fatigue. My boss said to start slowly: 3 hours per day one week, then 4 hours the next and work up to 8 hours days. My bank book is saying H.E.L.P !  All that said and God is STILL giving me peace of heart and mind. I often am found saying "It is what it is" - gets me through yet another day. The hubby has been home with a head cold and sore throat - so guess what he 'gave' me! 

Sue, I hope you are healing quickly from your surgery and can get back on your Chemo soon. I mentioned to one of the HCNurses the other day that I would rather do Chemo again than Radiation and the after effects.

Pictures: I remember the Cadillac Ranch - as my husband sped by; loved the Grand Canyon and those Roses are BEAUTIFUL and lush looking.

Remember ladies - we are loved. We are loved by the creator of the universe, the maker of the heavens and earth. Chosen before, love always, never to be foresaken, co-heirs with Christ, healed by his stripes, even though we might look weak and wounded - we are strong warriors, prayers and dwellers in His presence. I think of Job often and can see that the more that was put against him, the more he pressed into God. To me it is all about our relationship with Him - being still, waiting and hearing. In our situations - we are strong - our daily living testimonies WILL speak to the unsaved.

Keep the faith sisters. Carren

Dx 10/31/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 11/26/2013 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 1/16/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 2/6/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 3/6/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 3/20/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/1/2014 Breast Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes

Aug 27, 2014 10:08AM ADJ wrote:

Hey! 

After a few days without being able to log in, this site let me !  But now I am at MO, chemo day, so will check back.  Be well  is Jesus' name.

Anita

Mustard seed faith. " I would have lost heart if I did not believe I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Surgery 1/6/2003 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/6/2003 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 7/2011, Stage IV, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/25/2011 AC Chemotherapy 10/27/2011 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/26/2011 Bone Radiation Therapy 2/28/2012 Bone Radiation Therapy 4/21/2013 Bone Chemotherapy 12/17/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 2/18/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 4/22/2014 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Page 599 of 1,842 (18,415 results)

Scroll to top button