Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 10:30AM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 601 of 1,831 (18,305 results)

Aug 28, 2014 03:25PM Deborahanne wrote:

Nancy - PTL you are feeling better!

I called my doctor and I'm going to have my Vit D level checked when I go in next week. Apparently low Vit D can contribute to lots of health problems. I found this link helpful and it seems to confirm some other sites I looked at. Since people are outdoors less and using sunscreen more, Vit D levels have been dropping.  Nancy, I noticed Fibromyalgia was on the list for those who should consider having their Vit D level checked. I thought you might want to know.

http://www.womentowomen.com/womens-health-testing/vitamin-d-testing-and-treatment-what-you-need-to-know/

Deborah

“I have a great need for Christ: I have a great Christ for my need.” Charles H. Spurgeon Dx 6/17/2013, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/24/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/5/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/9/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 28, 2014 03:52PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Well Deborah,

I spoke too soon. I bet it wasn't 10 min at the most and I started having the sharpest stomach pains again. I hadn't had it this bad in days. Was it Satan or God preventing me from doing something stupid. I had on my calendar for weeks this outdoor Christian concert tonight in a suburb next door to mine. I was on my way to pick up a salad and come home and put my gluten free dressing on it and go. It was while I was in the car that these pains started. I came home and had a discussion with God. It went something like this. Ok Lord what do you want me to do. I felt the impression what you would tell someone else in your shoes. I thought okay are you crazy for thinking you can go to a concert tonight. I felt the Lord saying you have your answer. So I have been laying down ever since. As I look at the radar storms are about to hit.

So I think God protected me from myself and from a possible deluge during an outdoor concert in which I was considering taking my new camera( I have only used once) which I hadn't bought a case for yet. At this point I would still appreciate your prayers. I had reintroduced one thing back today and maybe that thing might be the problem or at least adding to the problem. So we'll see.

I take 7000 units of Vit D and have my levels checked regularly by my alternative doctor.
I was in the mid 80's the last it was checked which is supposed to be in the level to help fight cancer. So I am good in that department. Thanks for mentioning it though. Many others who read here might benefit from that info.

Love,

Nancy BW

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 28, 2014 06:47PM ladyb1234 wrote:

Nancy – isn’t it awesome when God gives us the signs and then speaks to us! PTL. Always praying for you.  I never commented on your published photos, Congrats.  Next time the reason will be mentioned as we will be praying that the whole story is told.

Deborah – congrats on 37 years! Awesome garden and I love fried green tomatoes ;-).

Sue – how are you doing today.  You are in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

My MO just asked me to start taking Vitamin D and a daily multivitamin. I am taking 2000 units ofD.

No major SEs today, but the 1st round the SEs didn’t hit until day 4 (counting chemo day). I am praying that they are minimal or that God quickly direct my path on which medicines to take to stay ahead and that I be still. I am a mover and sometimes or many times I overdo it when I think I feel good.  Nancy your post encouraged me to be still and listen. With that said I am going to log out and take a nap.

God Bless Lady Warriors,

Angie

Once or twice in our lives, we are given the chance to find out just how much inner strength we possess. Usually we find we have far more than we ever imagined. (Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me). Dx 6/9/2014, IDC, Left, Grade 2, 8/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/10/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary

Aug 28, 2014 08:09PM KateW wrote:

Good evening! I too have had trouble logging on. Scans came back fine. The spot that was thought to be found and new had been seen before but wasn't even enough of a change to specify in the first and second reads. Could be the angle, could be that the lymph node is fighting something off and is slightly enlarged but still not enough to put onto the report. Thank you God and to you all for so many prayers! 

Kate

Dx 7/27/2013, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 3/2014, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 28, 2014 09:15PM milehighgirl wrote:

Deborah, those pictures are great.  So glad you checked in.  Nancy, when it rains it pours.  So sorry that bug is bugging you again.  Angie, I'm so grateful that your SE'S are minimal.  I will pray they never materialize!

So sorry this will be short but I'm feeling pretty lousy.  I didn't do to badly this morning and thought it would last.  The staff came in at 4:00 a.m. this morning to take vitals and that was it for me.  I couldn't go back to sleep.  As the afternoon wore on, I felt progressively worse.  I got very short of breath and had a lot of leg pain from sitting too much.  They've got an alarm on my bed so I can't stand up to give the leg a break or straighten the covers, etc. I was starting to climb the walls and feeling claustrophobic.  So that's it in a nutshell.  I'm waiting for the x-ray to come in so I have to end this here.  Thanks so much for your prayers.  Hope to have a few answered ones to report on tomorrow.  Blessings.  Sue

Aug 28, 2014 09:50PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Evening Warriors...

Sue, I hope all is going well for you today.  I meant to call you but remembered you are 2 hours ahead of me so I blew that plan.  I figured you would be sleeping so didn't want to take the chance you would be awake waiting on your last pills.  Know you are in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day.  I will call you tomorrow.

Carren good to hear from you.  Sorry to hear of your current issue with LB, does that mean left breast?  Your great attitude will be helpful to the healing.

Anita hope all is well with you and that the chemo went well with minimal to no se's.

Char how was your first day back?

Deborahanne, so I am a bit confused...a year ago they suggested chemo and you are now deciding whether you should do it?  It hasn't happened yet?  Sorry maybe I just missed something.  I actually spoke to my nurse today being as we have been playing phone tag since Tuesday.  She read my CT scan results to me and one of the tumors showed a slight shrinkage and the other stayed stable and the 3rd is still a cyst.  I asked them to check my Vit D level and it is at 43.  I upped my units from 2k to 4k about a month ago  She said that normally should would say for me to lower it and I let her know I have read about it being helpful in bc so I wanted to actually go higher.  So she said to talk about it on the 8th when I meet with my onc to discuss it further.  She said that they normally like to see it in the 20's.  She didn't want to talk much about the Vit D being used to fight cancer.  It will be interesting to hear what they say so I will share the outcome. 

Nancy sorry to hear your tummy is acting up.  praying for comfort.

Angie take it easy!

Kate praise the Lord!

Well this weekend we were going to go camping but it is supposed to rain tomorrow and Saturday so DH said never mind...so we will stay home and do some much needed chores.  Plan a couple of day trips and have some chill time.  It is our 41 year anniversary on the 2nd so we will celebrate by going to a movie or something instead of camping.  I know that once school starts summer starts to slip away so we have to make the most of it.  Also, today marked one year when I was dx...had the oddest feeling about it all.  My world so changed from that day.  I can't believe it has been a year already, its so surreal.  I am so thankful to be working 3 days a week now and working out at curves again and just staying busy and strong...Praise God...He gets all the glory for sure.  Thank you Father God for being with me every day on this journey.

Well Sister Warriors, have a restful sleep and a blessed day tomorrow...love ya all...Lucy

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 28, 2014 10:24PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Angie, thanks for your prayers. You have mine as well. Praying that you will experience NONE of the side effects like your first treatment. My photo will be judged to see who wins the monthly prize. So who knows, maybe the real story will come out. Before being diagnosed I had two very distinct words from the Lord. Just to clarify I am not one of these people who are always hearing messages from the Lord. The first message was "I will never leave you or forsake you." When I got that message I was pretty sure my news was not going to be good. I could feel it in my spirit. The second message I got which was maybe a day later was "Wait and see what I am about to do for you." I can honestly say that God has really shown those words to be from Him. It really has been an amazing journey. I am glad you got from my post to slow down. I am really bad about doing that.

Deborah, I forgot to say Happy Anniversary.

Lucy, The fact that your tumor has shrunk even a little is awesome. I am praying that they both tumors shrink to nothing! Happy Anniversary coming up for you too.

Kate, So glad to hear that your reread of the scan is really nothing. PTL Praying that you and your sister can work things out.

Char, I hope your first day with students went well and now you can relax into your year. I know the first part of any school year is certainly not relaxing so maybe I should use a better word and say enveloped in His peace.

Sue, I am so sorry to hear you have had a rough day. I just had this feeling that this might be happening today. With any surgery there can be good and bad days and I am praying that tomorrow you will feel much better and hopefully you can get up and walk as much as you can and as much as they allow you too. Feeling claustrophobic is horrible. I am praying that your breathing and your leg pain will be much improved and that you can sleep. Hang in there dear one.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Good night all.

Love

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/26/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/12/2014 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 28, 2014 10:54PM ADJ wrote:

Thank you, Lord, 

Chemo went well. This is significant since I had dropped the steroid pre med, useful for nausea prevention , also gives me a couple days do relief in the bone pain department. But I am concerned about swelling all over and looking for ways to help. Next week I start water therapy!

God is great, God is good, let us thank Him for...air conditioning, healing, our food, etc.

Anita

Mustard seed faith. " I would have lost heart if I did not believe I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Surgery 1/6/2003 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/6/2003 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 7/2011, Stage IV, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/25/2011 AC Chemotherapy 10/27/2011 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/26/2011 Bone Radiation Therapy 2/28/2012 Bone Radiation Therapy 4/21/2013 Bone Chemotherapy 12/17/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 2/18/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 4/22/2014 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Aug 29, 2014 09:17AM Deborahanne wrote:

Lucy - I did have chemo. It's was a year ago it was recommended and I took the Labor Day weekend to pray about going through with it. In many ways God graciously guided me to go ahead and have the chemo. Thanks for sharing the Vit D info. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! 

Nancy - I hope and pray you feel better today! Thanks for sharing the Vit D info. 

Sue - I'm praying today will be a much better day for you!!!!!

Anita - So glad the chemo infusion went well - will continue to keep you in my prayers. 

Kate - Praising God for your good news! 

Angie - I'm praying for you are you go through this round of chemo. Thanks for sharing your Vit D info. 

Love and prayers for you all! Deborah

“I have a great need for Christ: I have a great Christ for my need.” Charles H. Spurgeon Dx 6/17/2013, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/24/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/5/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/9/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 29, 2014 10:01AM Deborahanne wrote:

As I'm waiting for my husband to come home from work so we can go out to celebrate a day together, I noticed that my daughter wrote on her blog for the first time in over a year. Excitedly, I started reading because I'm her mom, then I was surprised that the topic moved quickly to me, cancer, and God. I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised, but thankful that my experience has touched her life and others. We all are doing that everyday as we are a living sacrifice for His glory, a light in the darkness of this world, bringing hope to those lost and struggling.

If you need some extra encouragement, her writing may bring that to you. The title of the blog posting is "God is Greater Than Our Struggle".

http://aradiantsacrifice-aradiantsacrifice.blogspo...

May God bless you all!

Deborah

Page 601 of 1,831 (18,305 results)

Scroll to top button