Join Us

We are 218,658 members in 84 forums discussing 161,163 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 616 of 616 (18,466 results)

Posts 18451 - 18466 (18,466 total)

Nov 20, 2020 07:55PM IntoLight wrote:

Nancy, they have no idea what caused my syncope but all tests including BP looked good. Could have been a TIA but that is difficult to ID post episode. We will see if my onc wants to do anything about it.

Sorry you have to spend thanksgiving alone. This will be a tough holiday season for all.

Shining the light of God's grace to the world. Dx 5/20/2016, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Nov 20, 2020 10:12PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Chris, I sure hope that you will be okay and not experience another one of these. Praying you all get over these colds as well. I am sorry that things have been so hard for you. I wish I could wave a wand and make all of these challenges disappear for you and for all of us but God has a curriculum for each of of us and they are individualized because none of our paths are the same. That is because we are all created as unique and special persons. He allows these hardships for reasons that we may not know while here on earth but I do trust that they are helping shape us into the people He has called us to be and one day we will understand the why of it all.

We all care about you so much and pray that you will start to feel better.

Love,

Nancy

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Nov 21, 2020 02:59PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Nov 21, 2020 03:45PM HersheyKiss wrote:

Chris, I am so sorry about the fainting spell and that you had to spend time in an ERD. I am prone to fainting (low blood pressure) and know how scary the episode can be. I hope yours was nothing of consequence.

Nancy, I'm sorry that you and your sister will not see each other over Thanksgiving. That must be hard for both of you. My husband and I will spend the day with each other only. Indoor and outdoor gatherings are not allowed in my area due to surging COVID numbers. I pray that people follow the rules and not let down their guard.

I wish everyone a peaceful weekend.

Dx 3/1/2017, ILC, Left, 2cm, Grade 1, 3/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 21, 2020 03:54PM IntoLight wrote:

I plan to attend an outdoor dance performance (which is still allowed) for my granddaughter tonight (her first) . It is based on "Beauty and the Beast" and she has a solo dance (at five years old this is amazing as it is her first formal performance ever.) She is the Feather Duster! I am a little apprehensive, but when do you draw the line? The dance company is making every effort to set chairs by pre- reserved grouping (no more than five), requiring all wear masks, and washing down everything. When do you draw the line? After my scare yesterday I am so thankful I am able to even attend!

Shining the light of God's grace to the world. Dx 5/20/2016, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Nov 21, 2020 10:27PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thank you Hershey. I hope you have a nice quiet Thanksgiving. I'll be fine. I don't think I have ever spent Thanksgiving by myself so this should be interesting. I will share a peaceful photo I took as the sun was going down tonight.

Chris, I bet your little Feather Duster will be adorable. Kudos to her for performing a solo dance. I bet she is very talented and I know this will be a thrill for you to see her performance. I bet she is so excited. I am glad you are able to attend after your episode yesterday. You'll have to let us know how it went.

Here is a picture I took tonight. The actual sunset was a bust as cloud cover took over but I liked this shot a little earlier. The rainbow colors on the left was not from my lens but actually in the sky. I am not sure if that is what they call a sundog or not but it was interesting.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Love

Nancy

Nov 22, 2020 12:04AM IntoLight wrote:

My DGD was adorable--of course. Here is a picture but I don't know how to copy the video. Everything was spaced, clean, and appeared safe so I was able to relax.

Nov 22, 2020 01:10AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

She is adorable. You would never know she is only five. I bet she is five going on thirteen.Smile

Nov 23, 2020 12:30AM Faith-840 wrote:

Chris, your DGD is adorable and I’m sure you’re very proud of her having a solo at just 5 years of age. That’s quite something. Two of my granddaughters took dance and we saw lots of recitals but no solos. Those girls are both nurses now, living together in Chicago and working at good hospitals. However, the youngest probably has Covid as she has a lot of the symptoms, they are waiting for the test to confirm it. Since they live together, I feel sure the older one will get it also. With working at the hospital, I’m surprised they weren’t infected until now. I’m just praying that they won’t be too sick and will be well by Christmas so we could at least enjoy that after our lonely Thanksgiving. I was so sorry to read about your trip to the ER, I know how scary that is for you and especially DH if he’s anything like my DH. My first episode happened the day my allergist called to say a chest X-ray showed the tumor in my lung which was the BC that had metastasized. It happened again not long after I started IBrance and I’m assuming that was the cause but don’t know. It’s all scary when we have cancer.

Nancy, I’m sorry you won’t be spending Thanksgiving with you sister this year especially since I’m sure you are both grieving your mother. It would have been nice to be together right now but it’s understandable that you can’t. It seems like nothing and no one is safe anymore. Please God let this awful year and virus come to an end. I’m praying the vaccine works and we can get it sooner rather than later.

This past week has been very stressful in both good and bad ways. DH was able to unexpectedly get an appointment with a new knee doctor that he liked and will maybe finally get a knee replacement, which scares me, but he really needs it. Of course now with Covid, it will probably be delayed for months. I keep telling myself, God always has perfect timing. Sure hope so! The other stressful thing happening which is good if I can do it, my choir is going to do a virtual Christmas song to play at the Christmas Eve service that will be online. We are all supposed to make a video of ourselves singing “Do you hear what I hear?” Well, I haven’t sung a note since March so my voice is terrible right now. We have to memorize the whole thing so we are only looking at the camera while singing. I’m used to singing with a director to bring us in at the right measure so my timing isn’t good without direction. Once I figure out how to do this I have to upload to a specific site and I’m not very technical. So, I could use a few prayers that I can do this and have it done this week. I’ve decided if it’s too stressful, I just won’t do it. However, I’ve been a member since day one when they started the choir before the church was even built and we were meeting in a school gym. So, I need to do this. Please pray that I can make a semi-good video.

Praying always for all of you. Jean, so happy to hear you will at least get to meet that new great grand baby and see your granddaughter. Ade, thinking of you and hope you and James are well. Nancy, I love that sunset picture. It’s so unusual which makes it good.

Well, have a goodnight all, sleep well.

Faith

Faith Dx 1/1991, Left, Stage IIIB, 8/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/1991 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/3/1991 Mastectomy: Left Dx 1/2016, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/22/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/23/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy CAF Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 23, 2020 12:31AM Faith-840 wrote:

Chris, your DGD is adorable and I’m sure you’re very proud of her having a solo at just 5 years of age. That’s quite something. Two of my granddaughters took dance and we saw lots of recitals but no solos. Those girls are both nurses now, living together in Chicago and working at good hospitals. However, the youngest probably has Covid as she has a lot of the symptoms, they are waiting for the test to confirm it. Since they live together, I feel sure the older one will get it also. With working at the hospital, I’m surprised they weren’t infected until now. I’m just praying that they won’t be too sick and will be well by Christmas so we could at least enjoy that after our lonely Thanksgiving. I was so sorry to read about your trip to the ER, I know how scary that is for you and especially DH if he’s anything like my DH. My first episode happened the day my allergist called to say a chest X-ray showed the tumor in my lung which was the BC that had metastasized. It happened again not long after I started IBrance and I’m assuming that was the cause but don’t know. It’s all scary when we have cancer.

Nancy, I’m sorry you won’t be spending Thanksgiving with you sister this year especially since I’m sure you are both grieving your mother. It would have been nice to be together right now but it’s understandable that you can’t. It seems like nothing and no one is safe anymore. Please God let this awful year and virus come to an end. I’m praying the vaccine works and we can get it sooner rather than later.

This past week has been very stressful in both good and bad ways. DH was able to unexpectedly get an appointment with a new knee doctor that he liked and will maybe finally get a knee replacement, which scares me, but he really needs it. Of course now with Covid, it will probably be delayed for months. I keep telling myself, God always has perfect timing. Sure hope so! The other stressful thing happening which is good if I can do it, my choir is going to do a virtual Christmas song to play at the Christmas Eve service that will be online. We are all supposed to make a video of ourselves singing “Do you hear what I hear?” Well, I haven’t sung a note since March so my voice is terrible right now. We have to memorize the whole thing so we are only looking at the camera while singing. I’m used to singing with a director to bring us in at the right measure so my timing isn’t good without direction. Once I figure out how to do this I have to upload to a specific site and I’m not very technical. So, I could use a few prayers that I can do this and have it done this week. I’ve decided if it’s too stressful, I just won’t do it. However, I’ve been a member since day one when they started the choir before the church was even built and we were meeting in a school gym. So, I need to do this. Please pray that I can make a semi-good video.

Praying always for all of you. Jean, so happy to hear you will at least get to meet that new great grand baby and see your granddaughter. Ade, thinking of you and hope you and James are well. Nancy, I love that sunset picture. It’s so unusual which makes it good.

Well, have a goodnight all, sleep well.

Faith

Faith Dx 1/1991, Left, Stage IIIB, 8/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/1991 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/3/1991 Mastectomy: Left Dx 1/2016, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/22/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/23/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy CAF Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 23, 2020 03:38PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Faith, I am praying for your granddaughters that if they end up both having Covid that they will have a mild case of it and will be good to go for Christmas. Praying also for your DH that he will get the perfect time for his knee replacement whenever that might be. Praying that you will be able to master this technology so you can participate in this viral choir. I know how important this is to you. I love that Christmas song and I bet it will be beautiful when all voices come together. Isn't technology amazing in that way. We will have to find things to be thankful for even though our plans are going to be very different for Thanksgiving. We are alive and breathing and during this pandemic that is a big blessing. If we stopped to write down all of the things we are grateful for we would need pages and pages. I am going to concentrate on those things on Thanksgiving and I know that will help me enter into the presence of God. Thank you for your nice comments on my sunset. I couldn't sleep last night and got up at 4am to make a greeting card for a dear email friend who is suffering so much and is in terrible pain after having some surgery. I used that photo and it turned out nicely for a greeting card so it is fun to be able to use my photography to bless and encourage others.

Ade, how are you and James doing? I am concerned about you both. I hope you are not still feeling the effects of the virus.

Love,

Nancy

Nov 24, 2020 03:14PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Knowing this Holiday season may be very different than the past let's make a choice and be intentional

in our gratitude for all the blessings that we do have. You might be surprised how that will lift your mood.

Love,

Nancy

Nov 25, 2020 04:01PM Ade wrote:

Amen, Nancy! Attitude of gratitude! Your sunset (yes I think that IS a sun dog!) as well as your banners are beautiful. I believe that even in a Thanksgiving of solitude the Lord will meet with you in a wonderful way as you concentrate on His goodness and blessings.

Jean, what a blessing to get to meet the new little one - even if the cuddles have to wait a bit.

Faith, I pray the Lord will bring extra comfort for your DH (even supernatural healing if that's His will!) until surgery can happen. I have a knee that's not satisfied with 2 surgeries and injections and keeps complaining - but it will have to be patient too. How unique to be in a virtual choir! I would just love to hear that! Have seen it done in videos and it's a remarkable thing. You will do fine even if you haven't sung in a while. I was asked to do a special on flute with hubby's accompaniment on drums for our little Sunday night Bible study's Christmas eve service and I haven't played in a while either. I want to do WHAT CHILD IS THIS and ONE SMALL CHILD (even with shaking knees)! I pray your grandaughter is well by Christmas and the other won't catch it. It is far easier on the younger folks than it is for us. (Some first hand knowledge there!)

Chris - what a scary thing you went through! May it NEVER happen again. Glad for no serious diagnosis from it and praying for strength and wellness for you. Your little dancing blessing is just darling. We got to see our grandaughters in a dance recital too (before covid) and it was such a blessing.

Well I just MAY have bitten off more than I can chew - but I am doing my best between rests. We take turns having Thanksgiving with our son and his family and it is our turn. We have all had the "stuff" so that isn't an issue now. On the menu is - roasted turkey (done, off the bone & in fridge), giblet gravy, angeled eggs (we give no glory to the devil here!) already done, maple carrots, sweet potato soufflé, crockpot dressing (done), mac 'n cheese (grandaughters' favorite), green beans with ham bits, fresh baked healthy bread (done), and they're bringing cranberries and a pie. Most of it is done and all I have to do is heat it all tomorrow. I started on Monday. It's a lot, but I figure (for one reason or another) it may be the last Thanksgiving dinner I may get to fix - a gift for my family. James is SO good to help with the cleaning while I cook, and he picked the turkey off the bone at SIX this morning - a HUGE help! He also did all the food shopping for me. Now we pray for NO migraines for either of us for tomorrow.

Thank you ladies for thinking of us and praying. We thank the Lord for the good days and we get through the tough ones with His help - right?

I pray whether you celebrate solo or with a crowd of family, that the Lord blesses you as you remember His blessings and give Him praise and thanksgiving. 'Oh taste and see that the Lord is good!'

With love & Thanksgiving hugs,

Ade

Dx 11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/26/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Nov 25, 2020 04:24PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Good to hear from you Ade. Your meal sounds utterly mouth watering. Maybe I can catch a flight down and sample some of that delicious food!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad you get to spend your Thanksgiving with family. Sounds like you have enough food for an army. LOL

I am glad you enjoyed the sunset photo and banners. So that is a sundog. I thought so but wasn't sure.

Here is a scripture for today.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

Love,

Nancy

Romans 15:13New International Version

13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Nov 25, 2020 08:54PM Ade wrote:

Great scripture, Nancy.

Yes, enough food for plenty more so "c'monnnn DOWN!" as Bob Barker used to say..

Blessings,

Ade

Dx 11/2015, IDC: Mucinous, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/26/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Nov 25, 2020 09:17PM IntoLight wrote:

Ade, wonderful to have a house full again. Praying you have a blessed time!

Faith, Praying your DH is able to get his knee problems in order. My DH also has bad knees but refuses to seek replacement yet. He rides a bike just fine, but just can't walk far.

Nancy, praying you have a blessed day and that God will come to you in a special way.

It is just going to be the four of us for Thanksgiving again this year. I only hope I feel better as I have been down all day with this cold. Cooking for my family is one of the last things I get to do for them and it means a lot to me to be able to do that. Like you, Ade, I plan on cooking only a turkey breast and I store bought the rolls as I just don't have the energy to do them by hand. But I know God will bless anything we do out of love.

Everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving. May God surround your home with special joy.

Page 616 of 616 (18,466 results)