Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 01:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 8 of 1,844 (18,434 results)

Mar 27, 2010 11:06PM spar2 wrote:

My sore throat is gone, nausea is gone, ear ache is gone, the only thing left is a cough but I am gonna take dose of cough syrup and head to church in the morning anyway.  My soul needs feeding by my spirited pastor.  Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.  hope to talk with you guys tomorrow.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Mar 28, 2010 11:38AM cakeisgreat wrote:

spar2--I just noticed you live in OK.  How cool!  I would love to go there sometime...sounds like an interesting state.  We bought our boxer puppy from someone in OK and they flew it out to us.  Love it!

I am so glad you're feeling better!!  I just watched my church service on the internet, LOL.  I am not going next week either because of Easter (way too crowded in my church), but will start back up the following week.  I should be well enough to go then.

~Cake (is always great!)

Mar 28, 2010 02:22PM Sierra wrote:

Good Morning Spar

and all Sisters here:

I am glad to hear you are

getting better. these things can

hang on tight

I am starting to de-clutter

now, bit by bit

here is a link that came my way

My apt is v. small, so really

needs getting rid of some junk

http://www.lifetoolsforwomen.com/h/10-myths-clutter.htm

Be well all

and enjoy this Blessed Sunday!

Sierra :)

The Time is Now! Dx 1/2000, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/14 nodes, ER-/PR-

Mar 28, 2010 02:38PM BulldogluvrBeck wrote:

Hey Cake Is Great!  BulldogloverBeck here, I knew I liked you!

My motto is this.  Good days, bad days, but everyday through God's grace.

Watched church on TV this fine Palm Sunday. 

God is good. His peace passeth all understanding.

Dx 2/3/2010, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-

Mar 28, 2010 02:49PM cakeisgreat wrote:

heya bulldog!  great to see you here too!  LOVE your motto!

~Cake (is always great!)

Mar 28, 2010 04:25PM badger wrote:

Thank You Lord, for this Day and the Gift of your Son through Whom we are Saved. Amen.

I'm having a better today than yesterday, hope the same is true for you! {{hugs}}

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 28, 2010 04:31PM GramE wrote:

I figured this was the place to ask for non BC prayers.   Amy, a widowed friend of mine (widowed in early 30's with 4 children).  Amy met John, who lost his wife to BC in her early 30's - he had 3 children.  They fell in love and married, combining the 2 families.   Dear Amy died Friday of metastatic lung cancer - never smoked in her life, age 47, leaving behind a family that has already suffered the loss of a parent and spouse.   She had several rounds of chemo, radiation, bran surgery, surgery for blocked intestines and just kept going downhill the past 6 months.   I sit here with tears running down my face, blurring my vision.   

Mar 28, 2010 04:33PM mbtlcsw01 wrote:

Dear God, I hate this disease.

Mary Dx 10/16/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 28, 2010 04:35PM bestock wrote:

I have posted here often and love the thread you started. I got dx in 2006 recurred in 2008, had bilateral mast.and saline implants. I also am a Christian who tries to serve faithfully. I know all my cancers were part of His plan. The Lord as he has allowed me to meet and minister to so many who I would have never been able to relate to before these trials.( I am an ovarian cancer survivor too stage 4 DX 2003)I am 60 yrs old PTL. ....still on the earth for His reasons and His Glory..

Dx 2/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, mets, ER+, HER2- Dx 2/10/2008, IDC, <1cm, Stage IB, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/5/2008 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2013 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy 8/15/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Mar 28, 2010 04:38PM badger wrote:

{{GramE}} so sorry for the loss of your friend {Amy}.

Prayers for her husband John and their family!

Find your calm. Move forward from this place. Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 8 of 1,844 (18,434 results)

Scroll to top button