Topic: thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Forum: Older Than 60 Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet other women who are similar in age and dealing with age-appropriate issues.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 12:30PM

spar2 wrote:

I would like to start a forum to meet other middle age or older women who have bc and love the Lord.  Try to live your life for him, walk the walk and talk the talk.  Of course we all fall from grace because we are human but we are covered by the blood of Jesus.  Also this forum is for people who has a large enough vocabulary that they don't need to use profanity to explain theirselves.  I will start.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 9 of 1,844 (18,434 results)

Mar 28, 2010 06:18PM cakeisgreat wrote:

Grame-I am so sorry!  Many prayers for you, John and all the kids.  That is so not right :( ( (

~Cake (is always great!)

Mar 29, 2010 10:21AM kmccraw423 wrote:

I am posting before the last page so I won't forget what I want to say!

BulldogluvrBeck ... I, too, love bulldogs!  it is something about that smushed in face.  I grew up with Boston Terriers.  Bull dogs require (usually) daily care - like washing in those wrinkles they are so famous for, eye problems and skin problems but well worth it.  Our last Boston had his own opthalmologist!

My next dog, if I ever have them again will be a humongous pitbull.  I LOVE those big 'blocky' heads.

Kathleen Dx 10/3/2008, DCIS, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 29, 2010 10:30AM kmccraw423 wrote:

Nancy ... I am so sorry about your friend.  Cancer is a hidieous disease.  It simply is not fair.  My prayers for her family.

Glory ... if your avatar is a picture of you - no way you are 60!  I feel petty much like you do - God has a plan for me and it must be pretty darn big because he keeps saving me from death.  I'm starting to get scared!

I'm so glad I found BCO.  Had I not I would definitely have been  basket case.  I love all my sisters and I am delighted they are in my life.  All of you enrich my life.  Thank you.

Mar 29, 2010 01:54PM lbmt wrote:

its been such a long time since i have login. i am so very glad that you have started this thread. i found such wonderful peace when i was dx in 2006, there where alot of ups and downs and complications, but both my hubby and i felt such a wonderful calm. its been just over 3 yrs, know.

i love the Lord, and have been saved since i was nine, but for a long time i lost my way. but in the last 15 yrs, God has brought me back full circle. i have a very loving and wonderful husband, i never had children of my own but have 4 step grandchildren, and two step sons and their wonderful wives. i am closest to my yungest grandchild she is such a joy to me.

my dearest friend just died this summer of bc. i felt very lost with out her and missed her companionship. my dad know has lung cancer. he loves the Lord and is at peace. i lost my aunt and my grandma to bc. many years ago.

may God bless you all, i will look forward to getting to know you better.

laurie

laurie banks,lbmt Dx 11/11/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/15 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 29, 2010 06:35PM cakeisgreat wrote:

Hi, Laurie...welcome back!  I am so sorry that your friend, aunt and grandma lost their battle with BC.  And now your dad has lung cancer...I am so sorry.  Cancer is so evil...it seems to affect so many.  I look forward to the day when we are all peacefully in His kingdom with no sickness or death or anything else to hurt us. 

DITTO what you said, Kathleen!

~Cake (is always great!)

Mar 30, 2010 07:43AM kmccraw423 wrote:

Laurie - I want to echo cake's sentiments - Welcome back!!!!!  My goodness, you poor thing, I believe your plate is flowing over.  I am so sorry for all your losses.  That's simply too much for one person. Big, comforting hugs.  I look forward to knowing you better.

Cake ... wow! Only 499 miles to go and here I am

at the starting line!

Mar 30, 2010 08:40AM lvtwoqlt wrote:

I have been reading this topic but not posting. I won't admit that I have been a 'perfect' Christian but who is? I was raised in church, baptized at 11, was active in the youth group as a young person, am active in the women's ministry, help teach the pre-schoolers, and sing in the choir. Sometimes I do have doubts about why I do what I do in the church, is is just habit or do I do it because it is what I truly believe. I do look forward to the 2nd coming of Christ when the dead in Christ shall be risen from the grave to life everlasting and those who remain in Christ shall be given life everlasting and the end of sickness, sorrow and death.

Sheila

Women are like tea bags, we don't know how strong we are until we were thrown into hot water. Eleanore Roosevelt Diagnosed ADH Feb 2005, ADH Sept 2006 Surgery 2/11/2005 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 9/9/2006 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 10/11/2006 Dx 4/27/2007, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes Surgery 5/31/2007 Mastectomy: Left, Right

Mar 30, 2010 08:48AM barbe1958 wrote:

Hang on! We don't have to wait until the second coming to get everlasting life with Christ do we? I thought when I died in Christ that I would meet the Lord?

Dx 12/10/2008, IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/15/2008 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 2/4/2016, IDC: Papillary, Left, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/10/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 2/16/2016 Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Mar 30, 2010 09:00AM - edited Mar 30, 2010 09:01AM by lvtwoqlt

I don't want to get into a big discussion about what happens after death, but I believe in the sleep of the dead until the return of Christ. (eccle 9:5 living know that they shall die but the dead know not anything). That is why I was reluctant to join this topic since the beliefs of my church are opposite of what 95% of the Christian world believes. I think of death as a sleep, just like when you go to sleep at night, you don't know anything until you wake up, you have no knowledge of the passing of time until you look at the alarm clock to see what time it is. If my posts offend anyone I will remove them and not add anything else.

Women are like tea bags, we don't know how strong we are until we were thrown into hot water. Eleanore Roosevelt Diagnosed ADH Feb 2005, ADH Sept 2006 Surgery 2/11/2005 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 9/9/2006 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 10/11/2006 Dx 4/27/2007, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes Surgery 5/31/2007 Mastectomy: Left, Right

Mar 30, 2010 09:26AM cakeisgreat wrote:

JO--Preach away!  We all have to encourage each other in God's love and be reminded of His Word so that we dont fall away.  That's why we need each other!  I am sure we are all strong enough in the Lord to be gentle to each other's convictions.  I love talking about God!

Sheila--I've been saved for 23 years(ish) and since BC, I have had doubts creep in here and there.  What helps me the most so far is reading my Bible every day.  Then I am reminded what I have believed in and it sets me back on track. 

I just started reading Hebrews...here's one verse that stuck out to me today...

"And He is th radiance of HIs glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of HIs power."  Hebrews 1:3a

Have fun today everyone!

~Cake (is always great!)

Page 9 of 1,844 (18,434 results)

Scroll to top button