Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Has someone received EVENITY injection for osteoporosis?

math666
math666 Member Posts: 8

Good Envening !

Has someone received EVENITY injection for osteoporosis treatment?

My wife has taken Fosamax for 5 years and received Reclast infusion for 2 years (one dose per year). Now, the Doctor suggested my wife to receive EVENITY injection for another year (one injection per month).

Since EVENITY is relative new drug,we do not know whether it is OK for a triple negative BC patient,so we come to here to look for suggestions.

Thanks a lot for any help!

math666

PS: On 3/3/2014, my wife was diagnosed Triple-negative, invasive ductal carcinoma in left breast with one Axillary Lymph Node positive (stage 2b, grade 3 breast cancer (T2b (2.3 cm), N1, M0)) at MD Anderson, Houston, TX. Neo-Adjuvant chemo: 12 weekly Taxol and 4 triple weekly FAC. Then having the surgery for modified radical Mastectomy (Left) and Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Left) on 9/26/2014. After surgery, the pathologic stage based on pathology material is T1a (0.3 x 0.3 cm), N0, M0, i.e., no cancer cell in lymph nodes.

Comments

• micia
    micia Member Posts: 2

I don't know if it's too late to respond, but I've been taking Evenity for the past 6 months. I won't go into the various details, but basically after 5 months of chemo, modified radical mastectomy,various cancerous lymph removed, and 6 weeks of radiation, I started on Letrozole. I already had osteoporosis, and after one year of letrotrole, it progressed to quite severe osteoporosis. As other drugs are not indicated for persons who have had radiation, Evenity was recommended. I was worried about it, as the chemo I had was cardio toxic, but I was won over by speaking with the hospital pharmacist as it's a one year program and I have currently no heart issues.

The side effects, for me, have been similar to letrozole - more joint pain, and now, headaches. On the positive side, my Z score has gone from -4.9 to -2.9. And after all this time on letrozole, I finally got a nurse practitioner who recommended celebrex for the joint pain.

If her osteoporosis is severe and she has no heart problems, I'd go for it . With celebrex, the side effects (aside from killing you) are minimal and the freedom to sneeze or trip with worrying is fantastic.