We are 222,154 members in 81 forums discussing 156,588 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: 2 doctor found 2cm tumor in neck above collar bone

Forum: Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned —

Meet others concerned about developing a recurrence or metastases.

Posted on: Oct 24, 2011 12:17PM

mrave0 wrote:

Has anyone else had this and what are the chances of it being cancer again. Doctor ordered biopsy, ct of chest, bone scan & pet scan. Lump is not painful to touch and is hard and fixed, although my neck has been hurting for months now, over all been feeling crappy for over 6 months.

Gwen Ravellette Dx 4/8/2007, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (24 results)

Posts 1 - 24 (24 total)

Oct 24, 2011 12:23PM debbie6122 wrote:

Mravel- I had a large lump removed from my neck 2 years ago just above my colorbone, it was b9 keeping my fingers crossed for the same for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers

Debbie

masectomy, chemo, node positive Dx 12/20/2009, IDC, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 24, 2011 01:37PM mrave0 wrote:

Thank you Debbie, did it make you sick, I've been in a lot of pain and overall sick feeling like a flu for months now.

Gwen Ravellette Dx 4/8/2007, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+, HER2-

Oct 24, 2011 08:23PM debbie6122 wrote:

Mraveo- It did not make me sick, i just felt a lump and mentioned it to my dr, but i didnt have any SE from  it. They removed it under general anesthesia.  Is your dr going to biopsy or remove it? I would def see some one about it. If your onco is delaying this maybe you can get into a nose and throat DR. I would get this checked out right away at least for peace of mind. Hope you feel better soon,

Oct 24, 2011 08:55PM mrave0 wrote:

Thanks Debbie,

it's just the waiting that keeping me on edge

Oct 24, 2011 09:07PM debbie6122 wrote:

I know the waiting is the worst part! ((((((hugs)))))))))

Oct 24, 2011 09:12PM BlueCowgirl wrote:

Not necessarily cancer. I also had an abnormal neck CT and further testing determined it to be benign. Best wishes for a positive outcome!

Lettuce weight and sea. Dx 2/16/2011, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 1, 2011 09:05AM - edited Mar 2, 2012 04:25PM by brazos58

This Post was deleted by brazos58.
NO RECON Amazon LymphaDiva Dx 4/29/2010, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 5/16/2010 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 6/20/2010 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left

Nov 1, 2011 12:50PM debbie6122 wrote:

Mraveo- Have you heard anything yet?

Brazos- Sorry to hear you have are going through the same thing. When I had problems with the insurance i would call them myself, it seems to speed it up faster than waiting for the dr office to handle it. Good luck. keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Hugs,

Debbie

Nov 2, 2011 08:42AM - edited Mar 2, 2012 04:25PM by brazos58

NO RECON Amazon LymphaDiva Dx 4/29/2010, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 5/16/2010 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 6/20/2010 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left

Nov 5, 2011 02:01PM mrave0 wrote:

Thanks everyone for the kind replies. I've since have had a bone scan with negative results Laughing I'm still waiting on 3 ct's, neck, chest and abdominal area and a mri of  the breast area. Also waiting on my biopsy. I'm still sick, with a lot of neck, shoulder and back pain. More recently I've picked up a cough with burning in my chest & throat, maybe the flu, it's hard to tell because I've been feeling bad for months now. I will post my results as they come in. Thank you Lady's, I know you all have been through this too and have felt the fears that come with it, bless you all. Brazos58 any news yet?

Nov 5, 2011 05:10PM - edited Mar 2, 2012 04:24PM by brazos58

May 29, 2012 03:14PM mrave0 wrote:

I had good results from all the test, but doctor is very concerned with the location ( supraclavicular lymph node). I was sent back for an ultra sound two months ago and its a tiny bit larger. My doctor is sending me for another petscan.

Jun 30, 2012 09:01AM DigitalCowgirl wrote:

Hi mrave0, 

just saw your post.  I hope you have gotten more positive new since your last post.

I had a PET scan about 2 weeks after BMX and it picked up a hotspot in my neck.  My MO referred me to an ENT surgeon.  ENT told me it was a 2.9 cm mass, then took 2 biopsies, sent me for CT scan and still does not know what it is!  He wants me in again on Monday for yet another biopsy and discussion.  This mass is way in the back of my throat and I can actually see it.  It does not hurt nor does it interfere in eating/drinking.  I've been at this for 4 weeks and am pretty sick with worry.

please update us on your situation.  Hope all is well. 

Dx 3/20/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jul 3, 2012 01:58PM mrave0 wrote:

Hi DigitalCowgirl,

I've had this for over 6 months and because of the area it's located my doctors are really concern. I'm going for yet another petscan this Thursday. So far they haven't beable to find anything. My swollen lymph node is 2.1 cm ( last ultra souind 2 months ago ) and located in the clavicle above the left collar bone. Hopefully I'll know something next week, I too am tired of all the worries this has put me through. I'll update as soon as i get some info and you please do the same. God bless.

Jul 24, 2012 10:57PM DigitalCowgirl wrote:

Hi mrave0, 

I'm sorry I have not posted lately.  Things are just so hectic.  I understand  your worry and what you're going thru.  How did your PET go?  Do you have any news?

I got a call from ENT last week and he said I have a salivary tumor but does not know if it's cancer.  He also does not know if he can remove it from my mouth or has to split my jaw open. So I will go in on Friday and be examined under general anesthesia.  Hopefully he can remove it then, but......

Please let me know how you are doing.  I will keep you posted too. 

Big hugs. 

Dx 3/20/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jul 30, 2012 01:25PM mrave0 wrote:

Digital Cowgirl,

So far so good, pet scan showed nothing. Doctor wants to remove the lymph node from neck and biopsy it, not sure if I want to do this. I've been having a lot of problems with my digestive system, so they are sending me in for a endoscopy and colonoscopy, the pet scan can not pick up cancer in these areas. I have IBS & Gerd, so probably just these things acting up. So whats going on with the tumor in your mouth, hopefully they will be able to remove it without splitting your jaw Frown Thanks for the hugs...sending them right back to you!

Jul 30, 2012 02:08PM calamtykel wrote:

mrave - have they given you a reason why they haven't just removed it?  Or biopsied it?  When I had a supraclavical node that was a hard lump, they took it out the same week.  It did come back benign, by the way - I was told it was a "reactive" node.  It was solid which is what was scary.  Apparently it had reacted to all the other stuff that had gone on in the breast below it. 

Hope you get an answer (and a good result!) soon!

"But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” Matt. 14:28 Dx 6/12/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 30, 2012 02:28PM mrave0 wrote:

calamtykel-The surgeon ordered a needle biopsy the first time, the oncologist waits to remove it. Mine is also hard, oncologist seems stumped by it. Thank you for well wishes Smile

Jul 30, 2012 05:47PM calamtykel wrote:

Oh - Well, hang in there- the waiting sucks frankly! :(   I was a mess waiting for mine to be removed and then waiting for the report.  Now I'm back again waiting on tumor markers that were elevated after 2 years - beginning to think that I'd better learn to just roll with the punches or lose  my mind! :)

"But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” Matt. 14:28 Dx 6/12/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 30, 2012 09:25PM DigitalCowgirl wrote:

Hi mrave0,

Good to hear from you. The waiting sure is hard isn't it? And it's more stressful when your doctors are stumped. Good luck with your tests....neither are my favorite.   I hope they figure it out soon so you don't worry yourself sick.  If breast cancer isn't enough! Please know you'll be in my prayers. 

I had my procedure on Friday.  ENT told my husband I needed the "big surgery" while I was in recovery.  I have an appt with him on Wed to talk about the details of cracking my jaw.  I won't know if it's benign or cancerous until he removes and biopsies.  Sigh....

calamtykel , I'm glad yours was benign and I hope the waiting does not cause too much distress.  I'm going to follow your lead and just roll with it.  Nothing I can do anyway at this point, so good advice.

Please keep me posted.  Hugs to you both. 

Jul 31, 2012 12:12PM mrave0 wrote:

Hi DigitalCowgirl,

I have to agree with you on "As if cancer isn't enough"! It's a lot of stress not knowing if the cancer is back or not, but to have to go through that surgery on top of it all. My heart goes out to you, as well as my prayers. Please keep us posted...hugs

Aug 24, 2012 11:57AM DigitalCowgirl wrote:

Hi mrave0 and Cala,

Wow, it' seems forever since I've posted.  mrave, how are you doing?  Hope you are making good progress.  Cala, I hope you are well too.

Actually I have been thru the wringer but am now on track.  After I saw my ENT 2 weeks ago he told me he had to crack my jaw, split my lip, remove 2-4 teeth and open up my neck almost completely--8-10 hour surgery.  I would be in the hospital with trac and feeding tubes for over a week.  Then he said he does not work with PS's or dentists so that when I recovered I would have to seek out help for facial reconstruction and dental repair.  I blew a gasket and started hunting for other doctors.

It's a long, long story, but my persistence paid off.  I am now in the hands of a doctor at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale who can do the surgery in less than 2 hours with minimal scaring and I will only need an overnight stay.  He is very skilled in this procedure after pioneering it with several other doctors at USC. He also fully believes my tumor has been there for years and is benign, but we shall see after he removes it.

So yeah!  I just wanted to update you and see also how the 2 of you are doing too.

Hugs,

Jan 3, 2013 10:02AM - edited Jan 3, 2013 10:05AM by mrave0

Update...I had the surgery and they could not get to the tumor because of jugular veins, the risk was to dangerous. Doctor want's to keep an eye on it, but I'm done. I'm tired of letting cancer take over my life, I've decided I will no longer fear it. Whatever happens, so be it. I'm putting it in Gods hands Smile. I've been working with my Psychiatrist and I feel better than I've felt in years. Take care all, blessings.

Jan 7, 2013 10:37AM fadheir wrote:

artheritis can do this

you may measure your uric acid level as well

Dx 11/22/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 11/29/2008 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Surgery 11/30/2009 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right

Page 1 of 1 (24 results)