We are 196,348 members in 81 forums discussing 144,710 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned → Topic: MRI results

Topic: MRI results

Forum: Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned —

Meet others concerned about developing a recurrence or metastases.

Posted on: Nov 14, 2017 08:59AM

Sjcback wrote:

I am considered high risk, therefore I had an MRI in April 2017. This MRI showed an "area of enhancement". An ultrasound was performed and showed nothing. I had another MRI on 11/8/17. This MRI showed the "area of enhancement " is now larger. I am scheduled for another ultrasound on 11/22/17. Has anyone else experiences this? I keep thinking that it has to be something because it is "larger". What if the ultrasound shows muting again? Should I get a second opunuon

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Nov 14, 2017 04:04PM bevin wrote:

Hi, sorry you are going through this. what is your Onco saying , and why a ultrasound? I'd ask that as normally MRI would show more than a ultrasound. also any possibility to ask for a PET//CT scan .. or even a normal mammogram if its your breast they did the mri on. I've you received a copy of the written report from the radiologist. I'd get my hands on that and have the doctor walk you through what they're seeing and what they're looking for.

Age 45, Oncotype 11, Primary Tumor 2.1 cm, smaller satellite tumor nearby Dx 8/8/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/9/2010 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 10/9/2010 Breast

Nov 15, 2017 12:03PM Sjcback wrote:

I had a mamo the same day I had the MRI. The mamo showed nothing. I had the same results as I did during my April MRI, however, this recent MRI showed the "area of enhancement" is larger.

I have a lot of questions! I've decided that I am not leaving my appointment next week until I am satisfied with an answer. The nurse that scheduled my upcoming ultrasound said that a biopsy will be done in the event the ultrasound shows something. All I can think is there has to be something there because it is large then my April MRI

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)