Log in to post a reply
Dec 22, 2018 10:48AM
Had MO visit yesterday.
My issues are:
1. lymphedema in both arms - I am having an ultrasound though to check for blood clots or tumors but mostly likely my arm pain on left side and neck swelling and pain and swelling on right side are lymphedema. I need to wear compression sleeves and go to a lymphedema specialist. Merry Christmas to me....
2. Abdominal pain, gas, heartburn: Arimidex. I was advised to continue to take PPIs.
3. Insomnia: I was advised to take Arimidex before bed and eat pumpkin seeds before bed or take melatonin. For some reason, doctors will not prescribe me sleeping pills. I get 4 to 5 hours of broken sleep a night.
4. Vaginal atrophy: lack of Estrogen. I am to try Replens every three days and K-Y jelly on top of that every day. Because I have vaginal bleeding at times, MO may send me to a gynecologist. No estrogen rings allowed. I don't have a uterus, cervix or ovaries so.....
5. Dry, itchy, sometimes hives skin: Arimidex and estrogen loss. Creams, antihistamines.
At least I am still NED. It will be 2 years Jan 24th since last dx. It is amazing to me how I am still fatigued and lack of stamina after all this time. I don't think its all Arimidex. Getting BC second time really screwed with my mind. And of course, my checkup visit yesterday triggered massive fear of recurrance. I HATE BC.
MO said I will keep seeing her for at least 5 years and then we shall see what to do... in other words, continue on Arimidex. I have a friend who was dx with BC at same time as me and has same MO. She was stage 2 with micromets in one lymph node and had rads and on Arimidex. The MO released her to her family doctor now. I thought for sure that would be my fate too... but no. I guess they are keeping me at clinic because this is my second bout of BC. I feel more secure in that.
Happy Holidays everyone
3/29/2004, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
3/31/2004 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right
6/1/2004 AC + T (Taxol)
12/1/2004 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall
1/25/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC/IDC/IDC: Mucinous/IDC: Cribriform, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
3/8/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting
Aromasin (exemestane), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)