Join Us

We are 217,695 members in 84 forums discussing 160,686 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: normal for MRI to be read by 2 radiologists?

Forum: Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned —

Meet others concerned about developing a recurrence or metastases.

Posted on: Feb 26, 2020 06:07PM

Maggie66 wrote:

I'm being tested because of symptoms possibly related to BIAA-ALCL. Is it standard for a breast MRI to be read by two radiologists? I don't remember this being the case when I was first diagnosed in 2009. Wondering if it's standard procedure now or if it depends on the hospital or your particular case/doctor. Thanks for any insights!

Dx 8/20/2009, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Feb 26, 2020 06:56PM BevJen wrote:

Maggie,

Are you at a teaching hospital? I go to Hopkins, and there are tons of fellows in the radiology department. I have seen more than one person on various scans -- I am assuming that one is the fellow, and the other is the teaching radiologist.

Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+ Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/4/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Feb 26, 2020 07:29PM Maggie66 wrote:

Thanks so much for your response. It's not a teaching hospital, which made me wonder about the double read...

Dx 8/20/2009, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+

Feb 26, 2020 10:27PM Beesie wrote:

The hospital where I get all my imaging and where I had my surgeries always has a second review and sign off on all imaging and pathology reports.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)