Join Us

We are 217,485 members in 84 forums discussing 160,589 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Lung issues

Forum: Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned —

Meet others concerned about developing a recurrence or metastases.

Posted on: May 17, 2020 10:45PM

Flo80 wrote:

Hi all. I finished chemotherapy, masectomy and radiation for stage three breast cancer in February this year. I am still taking herceptin and perjeta and am on hormonal treatment. My right side of chest hurts and I experience panting with little activity. Has anyone experienced this

Dx 6/13/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 5cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

May 18, 2020 12:35PM vlnrph wrote:

I have not had this but want to suggest you call your clinic today and report these symptoms.

They should ask you how long this has been going on and may want to see you to listen to your heart, etc.

The anemia measured by low red cells from my treatment will cause a shortness of breath with exertion so I have to pace myself. It will resolve with rest and does not involve pain. We do labs every month to monitor blood counts. Again, don’t wait to see if you start to feel better. Let us know what happens.

IDC too! 🎻💊👪🐩 🇫🇮 🌹🦋 Rt MX+DIEP 4-2011; ALND 5-2011 d/t micromets; TC X 4; tamoxifen; lymphedema 9-2011; switch to letrozole 3-2014 for 1 yr; bone mets 8-2018: Zometa, rads to spine, Faslodex/Versenio Dx 3/7/2011, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/25 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 19, 2020 10:50PM Flo80 wrote:

Thank you so much and waiting for the doctor to call me for a cat scan. If they don’t give me an appointment will go to ER this week.

May 19, 2020 11:02PM DodgersGirl wrote:

Flo80– hope you hear from your MO soon.

Meanwhile, do you have a pulse/ox device at home? It’s that thing they put over a finger tip to get a pulse rate and oxygen saturation in your blood. If you have one, track your readings with a note as to what you were doing at the time. The MO may be interested in those numbers,

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 19, 2020 11:04PM DATNY wrote:

While you should talk to your doc to check it out, I wanted to say that is normal to be tired for about two years after the treatment is finished. Also herceptin may induce heart damage, but I guess your doc is monitoring that. Finally perjeta may cause diarrhea, which may throw off balance the electrolytes, that may lead to muscle pain. So, in a nutshell, I believe that is unlikely to be cancer.

May 20, 2020 12:12AM Flo80 wrote:

Hi Dodgersgirl,

Thank you so much for replying. No I don’t have one but I guess I should get one. I had my infusion on Friday and the oxygen level looked okay. But I will get one for sure.

Regards

Flira

May 20, 2020 12:15AM Flo80 wrote:

Hi Datny,

Thank you for the reply. I at times feel like a walking zombie. I feel difficult to breathe while I try to sleep. I had a clear ct scan in December end. Was wondering if cancer can spread in four months. Of of my doctors thinks radiation can cause these symptoms. They will schedule a ct and I am waiting for them to call me. If I don’t by the weekend then will go to ER.

Thank you so much.

Flira

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)