Join Us

We are 219,486 members in 84 forums discussing 161,542 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Huh? Prothrombin Time Test

Forum: Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned —

Meet others concerned about developing a recurrence or metastases.

Posted on: May 20, 2020 09:45AM

berries wrote:

I was in MyChart today and noticed that my MO ordered a PROTIME-INR (Prothrombin Time) test. Does anyone know why that might be ordered?

I had a CT scan and bone scan last week and they found a few areas of bone concern after chemo (finished chemo 3 months ago). My bone scan showed that most of the areas were not of concern, except for one area on my third rib of "mild uptake" (where my mx was and radiation was) and my MO thinks it might be a bone abnormality.

Anyone know why this test would be ordered? Like I said, I just saw it, but will ask her when I talk to her this week.

Dx 8/6/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2019 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (right) Chemotherapy 10/24/2019 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 2/17/2020 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 3/30/2020 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Chemotherapy 4/29/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy 5/7/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

May 20, 2020 09:51AM BevJen wrote:

berries,

My interventional radiologist orders this all of the time when I see him. It is used, I think, to determine whether or not your blood is clotting correctly -- I know that he uses it because I've had local liver treatment (microwave ablation) and every time I see him, we are looking at PT time in case I am going to have any more. They also did it when I was having my liver biopsy last May.

It's just an add on to your blood work.

Microwave Ablations of the Liver: 7/2019; 10/2020; 12/2020 Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, 13/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/4/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Immunotherapy Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)