Join Us

We are 217,654 members in 84 forums discussing 160,669 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Biopsy under review?!

Forum: Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned —

Meet others concerned about developing a recurrence or metastases.

Posted on: May 25, 2020 04:02PM

Arianalr93_ wrote:

Hi all, I am concerned about possible recurrence in the lymph nodes. I had a biopsy done 10 days ago after an ultrasound showed 3 nodes that looked abnormal and the results are still under review! I haven’t gotten a response if the nodes were positive for cancer or negative and I am freaking out. Anyone have a similar experience and was it cancer? Thanks for any responses

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

May 25, 2020 07:40PM buttonsmachine wrote:

What kind of biopsy did you have? Usually the results only take a couple days. Occasionally there is insufficient cell material in the biopsy and they have to do a biopsy that removes more cellular material. I'd definitely check back with your doctor about it. I hope you get some answers soon.

Diagnosed at 32. Local recurrences in skin one year later due to needle seeding at initial biopsy. Dx 8/2016, IDC, Right, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/2017, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 25, 2020 07:42PM Arianalr93_ wrote:

hey! I had a ultrasound fine needle biopsy done on my axillary lymph nodeand I checked in exactly one week later and the nurse told me the results were still being reviewed. I feel that means the cancers back and they are trying to get a game plan together but I don’t want to assume the worst.

May 25, 2020 09:54PM buttonsmachine wrote:

I wouldn't assume the worst. The fine needle aspiration is less invasive than a core needle biopsy, but my doctors did tell me that the FNA sometimes doesn't get enough tissue to be conclusive. It might just be something like that. I'm getting an FNA of my axilla this week too.

Diagnosed at 32. Local recurrences in skin one year later due to needle seeding at initial biopsy. Dx 8/2016, IDC, Right, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/2017, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)