Join Us

We are 217,654 members in 84 forums discussing 160,667 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Lumpectomy breast hard possible large lump?

Forum: Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned —

Meet others concerned about developing a recurrence or metastases.

Posted on: May 29, 2020 08:27PM - edited May 29, 2020 08:29PM by Ex-military-woman

Ex-military-woman wrote:

The breast where I had my lumpectomy has I think been getting slowly harder. Not under the scar tissue at 10 o'clock but at 3 o'clock and towards the nipple. My oncologist told me I have lumpy breasts but it just feels so much firmer and harder than the other side. I've read that the breast after radiotherapy can harden and change shape? sounds silly but my normal breast squashes to 2 1/2cm but the breast where I had the lumpectomy is more like 3 1/2cm. It's the same size as after surgery.
I have always had a very slightly annoying pain in the scar area but put it down to scar tissue. I'm worried that as I haven't had a mammogram since end of chemo (July 2019) it maybe a reoccurrence.
Any similar stories please?

Is it normal to have pain 10 months later? A dull ache kind of pain

thanks for your support xx

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 29, 2020 09:33PM bluesky01 wrote:

I have same worry. I often happen to grab my left breast because it is a bit painful and I am worried for recurrence. My doc said it because of the radiation. I am worried sometimes that I am getting lung cancer that would be the possible side effect of radiation treatment I remember.

Dx 7/20/2017, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/1/2017 Lumpectomy: Left

May 29, 2020 11:37PM AliceBastable wrote:

Mine was getting sore and had hard spots. My onc ordered a mammo and u/s in January. It was just scar tissue and nerves still finding a new home.

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Cancer's a bitch, but I'm a bigger one with more practice. Dx 5/2018, ILC/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)