Join Us

We are 225,723 members in 83 forums discussing 164,194 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Chest X-ray showed “nodular density”

Forum: Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned —

Meet others concerned about developing a recurrence or metastases.

Posted on: Nov 28, 2021 01:14PM - edited Nov 28, 2021 01:15PM by Monarchandthemilkweed

Monarchandthemilkweed wrote:

in preparation for my exchange surgery, I had a chest x Ray and it showed a nodular density projecting over my 4th anterior rib. Back in April when I had a chest x Ray for my masectomy that nodular density was apparently there but never mentioned because this report mentions it's been there since April and remains unchanged. The report continues to say this could be a bone lesion and could be further evaluated.

I also know that I have a low lying lymph node that projects over the lower portion of the pectoral muscle and that has been seen on MRI imaging since 2018

Could this be the same thing? Should I be worried this “nodular density “ could be cancer?

I've had surgery,chemo and am on tamoxifen. I never had any scans due to the early stage of my breast cancer. My sister has late stage ovarian cancer that's been difficult to treat. We both have the Chek2 gene

I've put a message into my oncologist. I'm waiting to hear back. I'm not losing sleep over this but it's definitely in the back of my mind.

Sarah, Chek2 positive Dx 3/11/2021, IDC, Left, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/10/2021 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 6/28/2021 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/15/2021 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Nov 28, 2021 11:39PM - edited Nov 28, 2021 11:39PM by Monarchandthemilkweed

bump

Sarah, Chek2 positive Dx 3/11/2021, IDC, Left, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/10/2021 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 6/28/2021 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/15/2021 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 29, 2021 06:30AM - edited Nov 29, 2021 06:33AM by aprilgirl1

Hi Milkweed, I don't have experience with nodular density, but i support your call to your oncologist and I might push for a scan (body pet scan). With your sister's cancer and chek2 mutation, it might be warranted outside of the standard of care for a stage 1 patient. Most likelyit's nothing, let us know what happens!

recurrence in distant lymph nodes (superclavicle/mediastinal & more)" You can do it like it's a great weight on you, or you can do it like it's part of the dance." Ram Dass Dx 11/7/2008, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 11/13/2019, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy CMF Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Dec 7, 2021 12:18PM Monarchandthemilkweed wrote:

so I wanted to update here. After playing phone tag I finally heard back from my oncologist who wanted the additional x Rays the radiologist suggested. These were dual energy x rays and thankfully the hospital in my neighborhood had one of these x ray machines. I was able to go as a walk in. I was very worried as my oncologist doesn’t get flustered and doesn’t order a lot of bloodwork or scans since I was stage 1. So when he did want these additional images I panicked. But thankfully I the radiologist read the images that same night I had the x rays take. And the four best words “no evidence of disease”

Dec 8, 2021 01:11AM Redcanoe wrote:

yay Sarah! I'm so happy that was the result!

Toni - age 34, mom to 4 kids ages 11, 8, 5 and 3 Dx 11/19/2020, DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 12/14/2020 Lumpectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 1/11/2021 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 1/11/2021 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 6/8/2021 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Dec 8, 2021 06:29AM aprilgirl1 wrote:

Great news! Thanks for the update:)

recurrence in distant lymph nodes (superclavicle/mediastinal & more)" You can do it like it's a great weight on you, or you can do it like it's part of the dance." Ram Dass Dx 11/7/2008, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 11/13/2019, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy CMF Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)