Topic: Bone biopsy

Forum: Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned — Meet others concerned about developing a recurrence or metastases.

Posted on: Sep 14, 2022 12:04PM

Posted on: Sep 14, 2022 12:04PM

anx789 wrote:

Hi there, I hope everyone is doing fine. I have this upcoming bone biopsy and I would like to hear some insights from anyone who had been in the same situation.

I have this bone pain that involves 20 cm of my fibula (lower bone) since April 2022. MRI shows inflammation/edema in and outside the bone. Pain is getting worst. Per Onco, it might be cancer or osteomyelitis. It doesn’t have the regular manifestation of either so an open biopsy will be done to confirm, and in case it’s osteomyelitis Onco can “ clean it up.” Possibilities are, bone met, osteomyelitis, and lymphoma. I had noopen wound, all blood test are within normal limits, and no sign of infection whatsoever, although inflammation markers are high.

I would appreciate any input about similar or same situation, or anything about bone biopsy.

Dx 9/25/2018, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 3 of 3 (24 results)

Sep 22, 2022 08:37AM believe60 wrote:

Anx, I am so very sorry to read your news. And I know how hard waiting for official results can be. I am praying that you will soon get a treatment that will get you back to a good place. (As you know, I too am waiting for bone biopsy results, but wasn’t told anything initially. I’m sorry the surgery itself caused problems too. Virtual hugs to you.

Surgery 8/28/2020 Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant, Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 10/25/2020 AC Dx IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 22, 2022 10:23AM kbl wrote:

anx, I’m sorry about your news and your bad hospital experience. I’m also sending you cyber hugs. Please keep us posted.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Sep 22, 2022 01:17PM anx789 wrote:

kbl, ortho told me it’s very bad and recommended radiation, I was told by another doctor that radiation is recommended to the most aggressive kind.

Dx 9/25/2018, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Sep 22, 2022 03:20PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

anx, I’m sorry that you had a rough time and hope you’re feeling better today. Rads are not necessarily for the most aggressive mets. I had a painless grade 1 bone which was radiated. Take care

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 3 of 3 (24 results)

Scroll to top button