Log in to post a reply
Aug 6, 2017 04:44AM
You look great - nothing like a good meal shared with friends!!
This is a link to a great post by bestbird
I am not suggesting you should take all of them - but it is an informed glimpse into the wonderful world of integrative oncology. I have not seen someone yet - I wanted to wait until all the poisons were truly out of my system but it's the next step in my plan of staying well.
Claire has already mentioned the big guns of bone preservation.
There is some work showing that denumosab ( Prolia) maybe be protective, even in the absence of documented bone mets.
For the simple things
- bone density scan - so you know where you start
- Vit D support ( I use 5000units daily and get it from an American site called iherb)
- calcium supp ( you can either go daily or a higher dose ten days a month and a break)
- weight bearing exercises - walking and a set of simple 1.5kg weights for a set of upper arm repetitions can fit into any schedule, plus Z posted yoga poses
- if you walk regularly worth going to a physio/sport centre and getting your running shoes fitted to your gait - eg flat feet need arch support etc - our guys are called 'active feet' - go figure!!
Claire - a little while back you mentioned silk blankets - I looked them up as it sounded divine - any particular brand ?? Did you order it online? I have to say the US does much better on product choice.
On that loss of weight - I am sure you got this... protein drinks ...I say that partially because a visit to a nutritionist is my to do list.
Thank you for the photos - the gardens are astounding - you can almost see the man at his art!!
I have this little motto when I think of you 'when only the best will do!'😊
8/5/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
8/12/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic ovary removal
9/11/2016 AC + T (Taxol)
2/20/2017 External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall