Jan 12, 2018 02:12PM Sadiesservant wrote:
It's been a bit quiet on your thread of late Liz. I'm starting to see the other side of this stupid cold. As you said Liz, they are rubbish. You don't feel bad enough to stay in bed but don't feel well enough to do much! Bah. To add to my woes, the Xeloda side effects reared its ugly head with a couple of matching deep blisters on each heal. I could barely walk for a couple of days (Sadie was not impressed) but thankfully they seem to be healing as well. In that regard, the cold might have been a blessing as I could work from home, staying off my feet more than usual.
Lola, how is the treatment going? I agree, sternum resection does not sound like a good plan but radiation may be a great option for you.
Marian, good on you with the trip planned. I am hoping to book something for the end of May/early June but have not landed on anything yet. London theatre district keeps calling to me and perhaps a train ride to Edinburgh. Who knows, maybe I can join Claire and Liz for that cocktail!
I'm back in the waiting game again. Despite all my best efforts at maintaining a stiff upper lip, I do find the time between a scan (had my last CT on Wednesday) and hearing back from my MO very challenging for the psyche. To complicate matters, in this case, I'm not entirely sure what I want the scan to show. My gut, figuratively and literally, is telling me that X is not doing anything for me so in some ways I would like to have a clear answer. Sounds like wishing progression on myself.. gasp! However, I have been having increased shortness of breath again and ongoing discomfort in my abdomen so an explanation would be nice (ideally one that does not involve me completely losing my grip on reality, imagining symptoms that don't exist). At the moment, I feel very much in limbo, waiting for the next shoe to drop.
I hoped I would hear back today but the last scan took several days before it was reported. Given that we are looking at subtle changes I think it takes more time to assess. The question is, if it comes back stable, does it mean we stay the course? We should see clinical response at this point, which in my books would mean regression but perhaps, in this case, that is a unlikely? Is stable what we are hoping for?
Lots of questions rattling around in my brain. Still a couple more hours to the end of the day so perhaps I will hear from my MO. It would be nice not to spend another weekend pondering....
Hope you all have a restful, side effect free few days. Hugs. Pat