We are 196,600 members in 81 forums discussing 144,806 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Just Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastasis → Topic: Local recurrence - possible stage 4 Diagnosis - any prep advice?

Topic: Local recurrence - possible stage 4 Diagnosis - any prep advice?

Forum: Just Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastasis —

Meet others who are just facing the diagnosis of a recurrence of breast cancer or metastatic (advanced) disease. You are NOT alone.

Posted on: Sep 12, 2017 03:23PM - edited Oct 31, 2017 01:55PM by Christmascarol

Christmascarol wrote:

This Post was deleted by Christmascarol.

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Sep 12, 2017 03:31PM Moderators wrote:

ChristmasCarol,

It's an honor to have you! We're so sorry you find yourself here, but we're really glad you found us. You're sure to find our Community and incredible source of information, support, and inspiration. There's lots of helpful members here who know just what you're experiencing -- we're all here for you! You're sure to get lots of welcoming responses soon.

We look forward to hearing more from you soon. Please keep us posted on how your next appointment goes.

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 12, 2017 11:47PM Jackster51 wrote:

I'm so sorry you find yourself here after 9 years! I have no experience with this, but hopefully someone will come along soon. Have you checked out the bone mets thread?

Sep 13, 2017 08:23AM Emily2008 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your recurrence. I had a recurrence in the same breast, post-mastectomy, 8 1/2 years later, so I really do get it.

While I was terrified of mets, the scans showed no other cancer. So it was a local recurrence, I had surgery to remove it, then 30 rad treatments.

It is entirely possible that this is a local recurrence only, and that you're not dealing with Stage 4.

Please keep us posted as you get your scan results. All the best!

Dx 5/08, IDC, Left, Stage 1, Grade 1, BRCA 2 pos. Mast. w/TRAM and implant, A/C x 4, Tamox. for 6.5 yrs, ooph and hyst in 2010. Dx. 10/16, local recurrence, Left, Grade 2, breast segmentation, 30 rads from Jan-March 2017, then AIs. Dx 5/14/2008, IDC, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/31/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Sep 13, 2017 10:01AM Christmascarol wrote:

Thank you so very much for sharing your story. I am hopeful as well that this recurrence might be identified as local at this point. The pain I have had in my ribs for two years though, same side as the recurrence, has me very worried.

I picked up some meds from my gp last night to help with anxiety. First item in my new survival kit. The battle as we all know includes many fronts. Right now I am overwhelmed with the emotional aspects. Next I suspectwill be the physical as the treatment plan evolves.

Sep 14, 2017 10:49PM KBeee wrote:

I have had a local recurrence and have had rib pain for about a year . Bone scans have been negative. Hoping the same for you. Keep us pisted

Karen. Dx 8/5/2013, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 8/25/2013 Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 9/19/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/11/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 1/22/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 1/28/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 2/2/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 2/24/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Prophylactic ovary removal Dx 2/25/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 3, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Chemotherapy 3/30/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/24/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Sep 15, 2017 12:08PM Christmascarol wrote:

dear kbeee

So sorry to hear about your recurrence. Thanks for sharing your story. I am praying this is the end of those nasty little cells making a reappearance for all of us

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)