We are 208,432 members in 81 forums discussing 150,009 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Just Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastasis → Topic: Bone mets

Topic: Bone mets

Forum: Just Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastasis —

Meet others who are just facing the diagnosis of a recurrence of breast cancer or metastatic (advanced) disease. You are NOT alone.

Posted on: Jan 12, 2018 05:52PM

good12 wrote:

Hello all!

First of all I want to thank you in advance for your support!

My grandmother (68 years now) was diagnosed with breast cancer in June 2012- Stage II, she got 6 couses of chemio TAC(red one) + Neulasta + 25 radio therapies. Then she started to take Aromasin, until November 2017 when on the medical checks( every 6 months) the doctor said she have bone mets.

So now she is taking Ribociklib+ Letrozol(Femara) + Xgeva once per month.

I’m really scared- she have mets in her spine, in her skull, arms, hip bones and in some of the ribs.

Please tell me honestly what is the prognosis? I just want to be prepared. I’m saying to her that I know that she will win this war again, but I really need tonknow the prognosis.

Thank you! I wish to all of you a lot of health!!!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jan 12, 2018 06:08PM KBeee wrote:

once breast cancer has spread to the bones, it is considered treatable, but not curable. Many women with bone mets have survived many years on various treatments.

There is a thread in the stage IV forum for caregivers and family of patients with metastasic cancer. You may want to check that out. I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother

Karen. Dx 8/5/2013, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 8/26/2013 Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 9/20/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/12/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 1/23/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 1/29/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 2/2/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Dx 2/25/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 3, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 2/25/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Prophylactic ovary removal Chemotherapy 3/31/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/25/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Feb 4, 2018 10:17AM Gumdoctor wrote:

I was recently diagnosed with bone mets in Dec 2017. My oncologist told me 2-3 yrs is the average prognosis but also many ER+ women live 5 yrs or more.

Continue reading what contributors say on these threads.

We cannot get all wrapped up in the numbers. Quality of life is more important than quantity.

Best Wishes,

V

Dx 7/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/29/2014 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 12/20/2017, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple tattoo; Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo Surgery Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Surgery Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)