We are 209,651 members in 82 forums discussing 150,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Just Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastasis → Topic: I was just diagnosed with a recurrence

Topic: I was just diagnosed with a recurrence

Forum: Just Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastasis —

Meet others who are just facing the diagnosis of a recurrence of breast cancer or metastatic (advanced) disease. You are NOT alone.

Posted on: Jul 22, 2018 08:20AM - edited Jul 22, 2018 08:24AM by Amica

Amica wrote:

I'm a 20 year Stage 2 survivor, and I thought I was pretty safe. I was getting yearly checkups but only with a family doctor which is all that is allowed here in Canada. I wish I had not let my guard down, and been more vigilant for symptoms of recurrence, because my doctor knows nothing. I recently discovered a swelling below my collarbone that turned out to be a 30 X 40 mm mass in my lymph node. Even my family doctor discounted the swelling, and thought it was just my pectoral muscle or a lipoma.

Thank God I got an ultrasound, which led to a biopsy which showed the lymph node is positive for metastatic adenocarcinoma of breast origin.

I vacillate between shock, disbelief, self-pity, fear, anger and hope. I was already struggling with depression and now this.

Are there any other recurrence survivors on here? or maybe I should post this on the Stage IV forum, but I don't know my staging yet.

sadly,

Amica

1998 age 39 Stage 2 IDC, 1/16 nodes, ER/PR +, Grade 3, surgery, AC + Taxol, radiation, oopherectomy/hysterectomy, Tamoxifen, Aromasin, finished treatments 2010 - July 2018 metastatic recurrence

Page 2 of 2 (32 results)

Posts 31 - 32 (32 total)

Aug 10, 2018 09:51AM couragement wrote:

Thanks so much for writing even though you are exhausted! We appreciate it. Good to get the Her2 nailed down! Looking forward to hear how the care was and how soon they are going to get the testing going.

Sleep well tonight. Sending much love!

May we all be well Dx 5/11/2016, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 6/10/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 8/15/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/15/2016 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Surgery 2/23/2017 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/6/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Aug 10, 2018 10:12AM Pi-Xi wrote:

Dear Amica,

At least you're in the mill now. Things should move faster and hopefully you'll learn more soon. Supporting you across the miles, or kilometres, if you prefer.😉
Oncotype 12 Dx 4/7/2016, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, ER+/PR+ Surgery 7/11/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Dx 8/3/2016, DCIS/IDC/IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 8/31/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 2 of 2 (32 results)