Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

3rd dx. help please!

AquaD
AquaD Member Posts: 4

Hello Everyone so glad to have found this group I’m just needing some support and hope I had my original DX in 2005 and Drs performed mastectomy and Arimidex I then had local recurrence In lymph nodes in 2008 and underwent chemo & radiation with aroma tase inhibitors I am now facing a Mets situation and am soooo scared and overwhelmed it’s only been 5 days since the CT results went to Drs but both feel it looks like a recurrence Bones, possible liver and possible lung I am waiting for an appt for CT guided biopsy My emotions are all over the board one minute it’s “take it a day at a time” and the next I’m nauseated and crying The worst part is knowing the pain I feel when I take a deep breath or move a certain way isn’t the pinched nerve I thought it was now I know I’m living with this demon inside me and I just want to start doing something to stop it! NOW I have a loving husband and beautiful 23 yo son at home with me the guilt I feel is overwhelming me emotionally I don’t want to be the cause of any suffering in their lives how do I find the strength for us? Original tumor was ER+ HER2+ Would love any feedback, thoughts & suggestion from you warriors out there thank you

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,813
    edited November 2020

Dear AquaD, we're very sorry for your what you're here... but glad you found us! You've come to the right place for support and help from others who know what you're going through and will help guide and support you.

We're wishing you good luck with tests, results and treatment. And please, come back to let us know how you're doing. We're thinking of you!

The Mods

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,546
    edited November 2020

Oh, Aqua, I'm s sorry. This is a crazy roller-coaster of a ride.

As you know, the "not knowing" and the "waiting" are the hardest parts, along with worrying about the impact this may have on your family.

I don't have any real answers, but I pray that you will meet with your care team very soon. It definitely helps to have a treatment plan in place.

(((hugs)))

Carol

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited November 2020

Hi AquaD, so sorry to hear about your metastatic recurrence. That really, really sucks. There are many of us here to support you. There are separate threads for bone, liver & lung mets, where you can get lots of information about possible treatment options. Come hang out with us. Things will get better once you get biopsies and a treatment plan in place.

hugs

• AquaD
    edited November 2020

Thank you all. I got my biopsy appt set for Thursday and appt with oncologist on the 18th. I feel so much better knowing that progress is happening. Trying to count my blessings and keep more on the hopeful side of the spectrum of emotions. Will keep you all posted.

• Astrid
    Astrid Member Posts: 1,033
    edited December 2020

How are you going aqua?

I hope everything worked out ok for you.

Catch us up if you feel like it.

• AquaD
    edited February 2021

Thank you for reaching out. It has been a whirlwind journey thus far to say the least. Between diagnosis, 2nd opinion, 3rd opinion, changing oncologists, working, holidays (well you get the picture) time seems to have evaporated into thin air. But things have fallen into place and I have completed 3 of 6 rounds of chemo & targeted therapy. 1st round was a brutal! I ended up in the hospital Christmas Eve For a lovely 4 night stay. WBC count tanked. My oncologist has since lowered the dose of Taxotere and added injections of Zarzio to help me rebuild WBC after treatment. I have handled the next 2 rounds much better. Only side effects being fatigue, rash for a couple days and loss of taste buds (which to me is the worst). The best news is the bone pain I was experiencing prior to DX is gone. I will have a CT at the end of the month to see how things are regressing. You definitely find a new normal with this DX and I am positive that I will once again push this SOB down and continue on my journey. Soooo many things to do, places to see and memories to make.