Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

5 years out and now liver mets

Hi all,

After just over 5 years from my initial diagnosis, I received word today that my liver has "over a dozen" lesions. I haven't had a biopsy but I talked to my oncologist and she said they definitely appear metastatic to her. I feel fine but had scans because I'm taking part in a clinical trial where they looked for (and found) DNA from my original tumor in my bloodstream, so it makes sense that the lesions would be mets since we know that the cancer is in my bloodstream.

Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm posting. I'm obviously struggling today. I'm only 35 and have two young sons (5 and 7). Any advice, thoughts, etc. from whose who've been here would be much appreciated.

Comments

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2022

oh I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Just awful news. It is very hard at the beginning but can get a bit better once you get treatment started. Honestly though I found the first few months very hard emotionally. Let us know what treatment you start.

There's a thread for liver mets you might want to look at. Also there is a BCO zoom group call for younger pts with mets - I think you might find that very helpful

Sending hugs

• waves2stars
    waves2stars Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2022

I’m glad you posted, even if you’re not sure what you’re needing right now. Support is so important! There is something comforting about hearing kind words from someone who has had a similar experience. It’s shocking to hear you have mets, even when you are walking around appearing healthy or normal to most people. The struggle to adjust is real. A support group or therapist can be helpful.

I’m sorry you, and your family, are going through this!