Topic: CALLING ALL STAGE I SISTERS

Forum: Stage I Breast Cancer — Meet other members with a Stage I breast cancer diagnosis to share information and support.

Posted on: Nov 7, 2009 08:34AM - edited Apr 7, 2018 04:42PM by sheila888

Posted on: Nov 7, 2009 08:34AM - edited Apr 7, 2018 04:42PM by sheila888

sheila888 wrote:

Sheila♥ Dx 4/8/2005, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 8/21/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/13/2015 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Dx 11/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/lungs, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1535 of 1,536 (15,353 results)

Oct 6, 2020 12:27AM belinda977 wrote:

Here's what they don't tell us.....after our initial treatment if we didn't have a DMX, we have an increased risk of new primary in the other breast. This is not a recurrence but a new primary. The "environment' that created the breast cancer in the first place is still there. It happened to me. I would like them to be more forthright with those statistics.

Belinda Dx 4/23/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/17/2012 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/30/2012 Breast Hormonal Therapy 9/18/2012 Dx 7/25/2019, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+ Dx 8/29/2019, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/29/2019 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right)

Feb 26, 2021 05:18PM moth wrote:

brand new research (published 2021 in Annals of Surgical Oncology).

Lumpectomy is associated with IMPROVED SURVIVAL compared with mastectomy for early stage breast cancer - A Propensity Score Matched Comparison Using the National Cancer Database

https://link.springer.com/epdf/10.1245/s10434-020-...

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/26/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/16/2020 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External Local Metastases 3/3/2021 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 1/1/2022 Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) Chemotherapy 6/1/2022 Other

Mar 9, 2021 06:32AM Kikki wrote:

Hi Moth. Thank you for posting this information with the link. I had a lumpectomy (Jan 2020) with rads(FebMarch 2020) and will be 44 years old in November. I am a registered nurse and found that I was often judged by some of my coworkers/friends regarding having a lumpectomy instead of a masectomy. I felt that since my IDC was very small (8mm, no chemo) and because I’d have the same 5 year survival rate and because I’d have to take my bottle of poison(Tamoxifen) either way, that a lumpectomy was the best choice for me. I couldn’t see amputating my breast. I also would have had a hell of a time deciding between whether to get implants or not. There were other nurses who had stage 0 cancer and had bilateral masectomies. I never judged them, because once you’re in this breast cancer boat you realize how awful it is to have to make either decision. Shocked. Having said that I did him and haw about my decision for the weeks leading up to it. Thanks for some positive reassuranceSmile

Mar 9, 2021 10:30AM cassiecanada wrote:

Hey kikki- my 8 mm tumour was treated

same as yours- i feel we made right choice-

bottom line is that each of us makes our decision

based on what wr feel is best choice for us

after discussion with our doctors and pondering

options etc- That said, it surprises me that

others would question your decision not to have

a mastectomy- they are not you and you shouldnt

have to feel defensive about your choice.

i , too, pondered the option

of a mastectomy even tho it wSnt tecommended.- (2019)- i then found this site to reach out and had a very

humbling dislogue with a few women that had recurrences even tho they had mastectomies/

i remember asking one what she meant by recurrence because she had a bilatetal mastectomy- thinking maybe i wasnt reading right-

she explained in detail how a mastectomy is no

guarantee against a recurrence ( always some breast tissue left/ nodes/ chest wall etc )- just as

a lumpectomy/radiation is no guarantee-

was pretty surprised by that i have to say- but

since then, i have read many similar posts by

other women- its disheartening to think you

are doing the best thing and still have a recurrence- with either procedure- a mastectomy

may be the only option for some women- for

others it may not be recommended as the first

choice- so like you, i chose the least invasive

surgery given the pathology-

shpuld i have a recurrence, i have decided already

that i would have a mastectomy ( regardless of

what side the recurrence- altho i know you cant

irradiate same side again)-

so dont let the negative opinions of others have you second guess your choice -( altho it

sounds like they arent- good for you !!

Mar 9, 2021 10:58AM Kikki wrote:

Hi cassiecanada! Smile Thanks for the words of encouragement, it’s been a rough day. I had a follow up with a new medical oncologist because my temperature has been hanging between 97.8-99.5 at times. When my temp gets higher I get the chills. It will stay there for 1/2 hr to a few hours and theres no particular pattern to it. Sometimes its lower in the morning. This has been going on since October. Saw my reg doc and an infectious disease doc, but basic labs looked good. They even tested me for Covid, but nothing. I asked this new MO if my symptoms might be related to my Tamoxifen as I’ve also noticed my hot flashes are off the charts these past 4 months. He said not the chills that I get. I started taking Tammy a year ago in April.

I feel like the back of my head gets so hot, that one day it might just blow off completely. I wonder what this medicine is doing to me. This new MO was nice, but could really give a shit, lol. I’m going to circle back around to Infectious disease and my reg doc I guess; it’s just odd.

I, like you felt as if the cancer does come back at least it can go to my boob and hopefully not my chest wall. Although, I know there’s no guarantee for anything. It’s just nice to talk to someone who understands. I quit my job as an E.R. nurse last May because of Covid and I have a nice family, friends, neighbors, etc. I just miss being able to work and be me sometimes.

I also don’t know if you’ve been treated this way, but I feel as if my concerns during radiation(my skin came off, it was very painful), and with Tamoxifen are never addressed. All the docs have to say is: you have a great prognosis. To which I say, yeah whatever, I need to be able to live my life and not feel like I’m a supernova about to burn up or have the chills so badly I can’t get warm! I’m hoping maybe this too is a phase and shall pass. Medicating

Mar 9, 2021 04:44PM beaverntx wrote:

Kiki, despite what your MO said, I, too, have chills to the bone sometimes which started after I started on Tamoxifen. Like almost every other side effect, the chills are cyclical and not currently active, thank goodness!

Diagnosed at age 77-- Oncotype 17, dealing with this bump in the road of life!!🎆 Dx 1/24/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/30/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0 Surgery 1/30/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2018 Whole breast: Breast Surgery 6/15/2018 Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 9, 2021 11:45PM rah2464 wrote:

Kikki - I call those chills on Tamoxifen the "shake and bake". I can get bone deep chills right before a blazing hot flash. And yes that heat can concentrate like crazy in the back of my head if I am sleeping. I get acupuncture about every three weeks, and that last week my flashing cycle builds.

Dx 5/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/26/2018 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 7/26/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 10, 2021 06:20AM Stellawt57 wrote:

Morning ladies, I to have had several of the same SE as you are experiencing while taking my anastrozole. I started seeing an Integrative Dr. she had me start taking some supplements to ease or eliminate the SE. The best thing I did was starting acupuncture for all of the SE it has been awesome 👏 My warm flashes are managed with the acupuncture as well as taking 1-400 mg vitamin E recommend by my MO. I don’t take any supplements without my MO or Integrative Dr. recommendation. I too have chills but they are managed with the acupuncture. I hope this post gives some insight for you to think about. Hugs to you and wish you all the best

Dx 8/14/2018, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/3/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy 10/3/2018 Hormonal Therapy 10/8/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 22, 2021 03:20AM Stellawt57 wrote:

I had my 2nd mammogram on Wednesday since my diagnosis with clear images! 👏 I always have a lot of anxiety prior to my mammogram. Hopefully all are returning to a more normal life after your diagnosis and the pandemic! My best to all!

Dx 8/14/2018, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/3/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy 10/3/2018 Hormonal Therapy 10/8/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 22, 2021 06:11AM piperkay wrote:

Hooray, Stellawt57!! You can breathe easy for a while now!

Dx 11/2018, IDC, Right, <1, Stage IB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/10/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel Surgery 12/10/2018 Chemotherapy 1/17/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 1/17/2019 Other Radiation Therapy 4/24/2019 Whole breast: Breast Radiation Therapy 4/24/2019 Whole breast, Radiation boost: Right breast

Page 1535 of 1,536 (15,353 results)

Scroll to top button