Topic: use of oncotype dx test on node positive idc

Forum: Stage I Breast Cancer — Meet other members with a Stage I breast cancer diagnosis to share information and support.

Posted on: May 3, 2012 12:47AM

Posted on: May 3, 2012 12:47AM

scaredycatwoman wrote:

Hi  Does anyone have any experience with using the Oncotype dx test to decide if chemo is warranted in some one with node positive  1/8,  stage IIa, grade 3 IDC?

One med onc said it should be looked at before deciding if chemo would work and  another one said no --that with my tumor, grade 3 with evidence of lympho-vascular involvement, the oncotype test would not be useful and chemo was the way to go

Has anyone had personal experience this type of situation?

can anyone recommend a med onc in the new york city area or NJ area?

Page 6 of 6 (53 results)

May 6, 2015 04:49PM worried15 wrote:

Jan 2014 Breast Cancer  2 Positive nodes.  Very small tumor not agreesive hormone receptive.  OC suggested the   oncotype test.  Score was a 9. I was age 59 at that time.  OC said I could do the chemo if I wanted might up the reaccurance score 1.5 or 2 points.  He said he was ok with me doing chemo or not.   I did not choose to do chemo.  I take letrozle.  I had a right mastectomy.  1 year out.  Any one like this?  

May 6, 2015 09:05PM florida2015 wrote:

is letrozole have side effects that have bothered u

Dx 2/2015, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery 3/2/2015 Lumpectomy: Left

Jun 1, 2015 09:05AM worried15 wrote:

Yes forida2015.  But with that said not as bad as the arimidex.  I have hot flashes, and some stiff joints with the letrozole, but not as bad as with the arimidex.  I had stage 2B.  I had two positive nodes, low grade, not aggressive.  My onocotype score was a 9.  My OC said he was ok with me not doing chemo.  I choose not to do the chemo.  What about you?      

Page 6 of 6 (53 results)

Scroll to top button