We are 224,930 members in 82 forums discussing 158,020 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Katherine Trial - after chemo, surgery & Radiation

Forum: Stage I Breast Cancer — Meet other members with a Stage I breast cancer diagnosis to share information and support.

Posted on: Nov 14, 2019 09:34AM

MFerguson78 wrote:

Hey there. I am new to the group and was wondering if anyone has taken part in the Katherine Trial or used Td-1 drugs like keytruda after chemo, surgery and radiation. If so please let me know your thoughts and any side effects you encountered. Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Nov 14, 2019 03:18PM Moderators wrote:

Hi MFerguson78, Hopefully you'll hear from some people. Also wanted to send you this link, in case there is any helpful information.

https://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/kadcyla...

Welcome to our community Medicating

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Nov 17, 2019 10:33AM Flnana2 wrote:

My MO just told me if I have a complete remission (PCR) based on my pathology report then I will do H & P for 12 more treatments. If there is any cancer left at surgery I will be on Kadcyla. He indicated the recurrence rate is much better on Kadcyla based on the Katherine trials. My surgery is Dec. 10th. I had an ultrasound last week which showed no cancer so it will be up to the pathology report to determine what’s next.

Dx 6/19/2019, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 7/23/2019 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Nov 17, 2019 02:31PM MFerguson78 wrote:

That sounds like what I went through. My pathlogy showed 96% of the cells were gone so they are having me do radiation the the td1 after. I pray your pathlogy comes back clear!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)