Join Us

We are 224,320 members in 83 forums discussing 163,493 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Lymphovascular invasion

Forum: Stage I Breast Cancer — Meet other members with a Stage I breast cancer diagnosis to share information and support.

Posted on: May 10, 2021 01:57PM

GrizzlyIam wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone share their experience if your path report showed lymphovascular invasion? Did you have radiation and chemo? What did your doctor advise regarding this? Likelyhood of recurrance?

Thank you,

Dx 9/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

May 10, 2021 10:51PM Redcanoe wrote:

I had lymphovascular invasion and I am doing chemo and radiation. I'm her2 positive and would have had both anyway. I'm trying not to get to stressed about it, I had two positive nodes so its relatively common with positive nodes.

Toni - age 34, mom to 4 kids ages 11, 8, 5 and 3 Dx 11/19/2020, DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 12/14/2020 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 1/11/2021 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/11/2021 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 6/9/2021 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 11, 2021 05:38AM Dnew wrote:

My report shows lymphovascular invasion and I did both chemo and radiation. Three nodes were positive. My doctor said it would not make a difference in term of my treatment plan since I already had positive nodes.

May 11, 2021 08:55AM Moderators wrote:

Dnew - Thank you! We're glad that you decided to jump in to share your experiences. Let us know if there's something we can do for you.

Best,

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

May 11, 2021 10:34AM Beesie wrote:

GrizzlyIam,

Since you are asking about rads, I assume that you had a MX, not a lumpectomy (since rads is pretty much always given after a lumpectomy)?

The decision on rads after a MX will be based more on the size of your tumor, the size of the surgical margins, and the nodal status, than on whether you had lymphovascular invasion. I'm just guessing here, but I suspect that if the decision is border-line (as it might be with 2 positive nodes), then the lymphovascular invasion might push the recommendation towards radiation.

The decision on whether or not chemo will be recommended will be based on the size of your tumor, the nodal status, your Oncotype or Mammaprint result, and your age. There are enough other factors that I don't believe lymphovascular invasion plays into this decision to any great extent, if at all.

Dx 9/15/2005 Right, 7cm+, DCIS-Mi, Stage IA, Gr 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR- ** Dx 01/16/2019 Left, 8mm, IDC, Stage IA, Gr 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) ** Surgery 11/30/2005 MX Right, 03/06/2019 MX Left ** Hormonal Therapy 05/2019 Letrozole

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)