Join Us

We are 224,391 members in 83 forums discussing 163,527 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: MRI and u/s look good

Forum: Stage I Breast Cancer — Meet other members with a Stage I breast cancer diagnosis to share information and support.

Posted on: Jun 17, 2021 12:23AM

Digezy wrote:

hi. I’ve had both an MRI and ultrasound of my breasts andlymph nodes. They are both clear. I had a 1.4cm tumor removed but with positive margins. I go for a mastectomy next week. Since the tests were clear can I assume there is little chance cancer has spread? My doctors told me they’re pretty sure this will be stage 1 which makes me really happy. I really don’t want to wake up from my mastectomy and be told the cancer spread to my lymph nodes.

Dx 5/3/2021, LCIS/DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 17, 2021 07:31AM Taralynn wrote:

unfortunately there’s no way of really determining spread until the lymph nodes are biopsied during surgery. My scans showed nothing in LN but when I woke up from surgery, 2 of my LN were positive, though only fairly small deposits in each. I’m still stage IB though because staging takes many things into consideration. Hang in there and best of luck with your surgery!!

Mom of 3, Diagnosed at 39. Dx 10/15/2020, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/15/2020 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 3/30/2021 AC + T (Taxol)

Jun 17, 2021 10:53AM exbrnxgrl wrote:

Digezy,

What Taralynn said is true. Cancer found in the lymph nodes is considered local, not metastatic. Additionally, even clear lymph nodes do not eliminate the possibility of metastatic spread as cancer can spread through the bloodstream as well. I say this not to scare you but to help you understand the complicated possibilities that come with breast cancer. Knowledge, even when it’s not what we want to hear, is power. Take care.

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)