Join Us

We are 225,830 members in 83 forums discussing 164,225 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My pet is acting strange

Forum: "Middle Age" 40-60(ish) Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet others in this age-range who share similar life issues.

Posted on: May 11, 2010 06:55PM

westiemom wrote:

I'm so sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I'm worried about my dog. She is a sweet, super sensitive girl. I started chemo Friday, May 7. I was sick Sat thru Mon and she saw and heard me getting sick too. She is acting very strange now, her ears hang low when she sees me, she trembles when she is sitting next to me and wont leave my side sometimes (even to go potty). I'm wondering if my scent has changed with the chemo, and if she senses something is going on. I feel so bad for her, this all started when I got home from my first chemo treatment. Anyone else have this experience?  Now the cat, he doesn't much care about anything just so long as his food bowl and litter box are in perfect order, so he is just fine and dandy.

Dx 2/24/2010, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 3 of 3 (63 results)

Posts 61 - 63 (63 total)

Feb 5, 2013 02:23PM ChemicalWorld wrote:

I love my dog but my experience during treatment with her wasn't overly positive.  She had some pre-existing kidney issues and is an older dog, but started messing her bedding during this time, and picked up a few not-so-great behaviors due to boredom and such.  On some of my worst days was when she seemed to get the worst, and because I am solely responsible for her, I had several occasions where I found myself bawling my eyes out because I couldn't cope with stuffing one more wet stinky bed into the washer or letting her out ten times in an hour because she was bored/neurotic and I was so sick and occasionally barely able to move.  She would get neurotic when the nurse used to have to come change my PICC line and regularly peed all over the floor then too.  Plus, a few of the nurses had me confine her to a seperate room which only made her worse.

Not deliberately trying to be a debbie downer here but I do think its important to remember that while pets can be a source of joy, they can also be a lot of work.  I see people on other sites getting or recommended to new pets during treatment for companionship because they live alone and such and all I can think is yikes. 

Dx 9/28/2010, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/13/2010 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 12/6/2010 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 5/4/2011 Breast Hormonal Therapy 7/7/2011

Feb 5, 2013 02:29PM Moderators wrote:

CW, I second that! Though they can be a real support, they do require alot of work (some more than others!), in addition to the daily walk and feeding! 

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Aug 10, 2013 03:58AM catwhisperer wrote:

When I was first diagnosed, even before any treatment, mycat Callie kept nudging my right breast which is where the cancer was. I thought gee, I had a real "cat scan". Lol trust me if she starts nudging anything else I'm heading straight to the doctor.

Page 3 of 3 (63 results)