Topic: vaginal dryness

Forum: "Middle Age" 40-60(ish) Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet others in this age-range who share similar life issues.

Posted on: Dec 22, 2011 06:33PM

Posted on: Dec 22, 2011 06:33PM

blessed wrote:

ok, yeah, touchy subject, but I need to know and you guys are the bomb for my embarrasing questions.  I am on aromasin (4th year) and am 52.  It is so painful, without having sex, but very painful during.  Anyone else????  I am using replens and that is all.  Thank you so much!!!!!

8-03-07,IDC,stage1,grade1 1.2cm,er+,pr+Her2-,bilateral mastectomy,oncotype dx 15

Page 1 of 16 (155 results)

Dec 22, 2011 06:39PM JMW wrote:

I am also 52 and having the same problems. I cannot have sex.....way too painful. Do the replens work? I have a dr. app. after Xmas to see if there is anythink I can do about it. But I am curious about the replens as no need for a dr. prescription.

Dx 10/2010, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 3/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 22, 2011 06:54PM blessed wrote:

I have only tried the 3 samples the doc gave me, but it helps for a bit, maybe if I use it on a regular basis.  I feel so alone in this and my doc says it can sometimes be painful, but it really burns and is very irritated.  I can't believe this is normal and I cant wait to get off this cancer pill to see if it goes away then!  But then again I am afraid to be off the pill, silly huh?

8-03-07,IDC,stage1,grade1 1.2cm,er+,pr+Her2-,bilateral mastectomy,oncotype dx 15

Dec 22, 2011 07:06PM sewingnut wrote:

Do a search on the BCO site for Scream Cream.  It is a vasodilator used to lubricate. Everyone that has tried it has had great success.  It can only be made by a compounding pharmacy though and may not be covered by your insurance company.

Dx 12/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Dec 22, 2011 07:43PM blessed wrote:

thank you!

Dec 22, 2011 08:39PM catbill wrote:

I can tell you that I am a scream cream user and it works better than anything else that I've tried.  I really don't feel any pain during sex any more.  It was put together in a compounding pharmacy for about $50.  No insurance coverage, but my flexible spending account did reimburse me.  I got the prescription from my primary MD, and the formula is the one you can find here at BCO on the scream cream thread.

Some people do use Lidocaine with it.  So far I haven't needed both but I have it in case I need it.

Oncotype 8, no chemo, no rads, bilat mastectomy, on Arimidex Dx 9/29/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 23, 2012 06:47PM janetlp wrote:

I have been looking for help with this for YEARS. The answer is always, that is just the way it is. My husband tries to be understanding but he gets frustrated. I go to the gym take the best care of myself and I can't have sex. I never heard of scream cream. Should I ask my OBGYN or PC.

Help Thanks Janet

Dx 2/2006, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 23, 2012 06:58PM bookgirl wrote:

Count me in. 52 seems to the key # here. My GYNO suggested I ask my Onc about a topical hormone cream but I'm very ER+ and I find I obsess about BC returning all the time anyway so I don't feel comfortable using the Hormone cream. I also find besides intercourse being painful I end up with a UTI. I asked My GYNO about SC but he seemed totally uninterested. Sort of the same way I am about sex! I see my Onc next month and see what his input is on SC. Thanks for posting

Dx 9/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 23, 2012 07:18PM janetlp wrote:

I'll be 51 in March and it;'s been three years painful sex and when I try the next day I get UTI. I tried the hormone cream and stoped. Too scared. I have always been so positive but sometimes I get so PISSED. No boobs, no sex, menopause, hot flashes depression from tamoxifen for five years, and osteoporosis.

Ok I feel better now...LOL

Dx 2/2006, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 23, 2012 07:22PM - edited Jan 23, 2012 08:24PM by tenaj

I'm 52 also... Read through some threads recently and saw my gyn 1/7 & got a RX for scream cream as per the advice I've read. Just picked it up the other day. Not quite ready to give it a try as I had my exchange on the 17th. I did speak with gyn about dryness , I was using replens with some help, but not enough. She suggested olive oil. In the shower every day, massage your lady parts with olive oil. Well, I have been doing that and things feel much smoother & no pain to the touch. Just thought I'd pass that along. Can't wait to try the SC!

Surgery 1/17/2011 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 6/15/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 6/29/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary Surgery 1/29/2013 Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction

Jan 23, 2012 07:30PM bookgirl wrote:

Ok,Olive Oil...I buy it by the gallon at Costco anyway, worth a try. Please keep us posted on the SC. Thanks for tip.

Dx 9/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 16 (155 results)

Scroll to top button