Topic: vaginal dryness

Forum: "Middle Age" 40-60(ish) Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet others in this age-range who share similar life issues.

Posted on: Dec 22, 2011 03:33PM

Posted on: Dec 22, 2011 03:33PM

blessed wrote:

ok, yeah, touchy subject, but I need to know and you guys are the bomb for my embarrasing questions.  I am on aromasin (4th year) and am 52.  It is so painful, without having sex, but very painful during.  Anyone else????  I am using replens and that is all.  Thank you so much!!!!!

8-03-07,IDC,stage1,grade1 1.2cm,er+,pr+Her2-,bilateral mastectomy,oncotype dx 15

Page 3 of 16 (155 results)

May 9, 2012 02:06PM - edited Aug 10, 2012 10:30AM by del4

This Post was deleted by del4.

May 12, 2012 11:43AM mclark55 wrote:

Sunflowers:  Loved the organic cocoa butter idea.  I'll check it out!

Love and light, Marnie (MarnieClark.com) Dx 4/2/2004, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR+ Surgery 4/21/2004 Lumpectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap Chemotherapy 10/31/2004 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Methotrexate (Amethopterin, Mexate, Folex)

May 12, 2012 11:48AM kira1234 wrote:

I've been using the coco butter for a few weeks now, and I will say I am so much more comfortable. I would love to ask for the scream cream, but haven't gotten the nerve up yet, just to embarrassed.

Dx 6/2010, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/7/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 8/2/2010 Hormonal Therapy 10/4/2010 Aromasin (exemestane) Dx 2/2017, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 12, 2012 12:00PM 1openheart wrote:

You will probably need to take the compounding recipe for scream cream with you to your doctor's  appointment because most have never heard of it.  Here is the link for it:  http://www.ijpc.com/_pdf/Scream_Cream.pdf

It does work well.  I burns me for about 5 minutes, but it makes for a very natural lubrication.  

For years, my gyn. has recommended using Albolen Cream.  It is an old product that has been around for years.   It is sold in a big tub.  It is a facial moisturizer but he says it is safe to use as a lubricant prior to sex.  You can usually find it a Walgreens or CVS.  

And as far as using vaginal hormones....my onc. does not want me using creams, but is fine Vag-e-fem.  It is inserted vaginally twice a week.  It is a little small white tablet and it slowly dissolves.   Very little, if any, is absorbed into the blood stream.  So far, it is keeping my tissues pretty lubricated and I have not had any UTIs like I used to.  It requires a prescription.  I would be in really bad shape with out this stuff!

"The wound is the place where the light enters you." ~ Rumi Dx 4/28/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 6/14/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction

May 14, 2012 11:36PM Cyborg wrote:

Vagi femhas hormones in it, right? Is KY bad? I used it and it felt great. Is KY bad for us?

Winning!!! Dx 2/23/2011, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 15, 2012 07:56AM 1openheart wrote:

Yes, vag-e-fem is estrogen, but very, very little is absorbed after the first couple of weeks.  It stays in the local vaginal tissues.  My ONC is the one giving this to me. I am 83 % estrogen positive.

"The wound is the place where the light enters you." ~ Rumi Dx 4/28/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 6/14/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction

May 15, 2012 08:22AM mamabee wrote:

Thank you all so much for the tips re: coconut oil & cocoa butter. I just had my last surgical drain out yesterday and I'm ready to get back in the saddle...and I KNOW my DH is more than ready. Regarding cocoa butter and estrogen, I just googled a study where they used cocoa butter suppositories as the control in a study of estrogen suppositories so they must not have any affect on estrogen. I'm 100% er+ so I'm a little paranoid about that.

PALB2 mutation Dx 11/2011, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 12/15/2011 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/22/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 6/10/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 8/26/2012

May 16, 2012 09:35PM Cyborg wrote:

Thank goodness, mamabee! I was freaked out about the possible estrogenic effects oc coconut oil or cocoa butter.

Winning!!! Dx 2/23/2011, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 16, 2012 10:14PM blessings2011 wrote:

Another wonderful Yell side effect of vaginal dryness is bleeding.

I was wondering why I was spotting years after a complete hysterectomy, and my OB-GYN told me that lack of estrogen in the tissues make them so fragile - like tissue paper - that just walking can cause the tissue to tear in some women and make them bleed. Surprised

It's important to stay lubricated even if you're NOT having sex!!!

Dx 9/15/2011, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/5/2011 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Surgery 8/22/2012 Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Hormonal Therapy 9/5/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/22/2013 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/1/2021 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx IDC: Papillary, Left, <1, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 17, 2012 10:15PM Outfield wrote:

Blessings - me too.  I feel so old at 46 that I make myself spot just by doing nothing.  Using the olive oil every morning has been helpful for me.  I had never heard of anyone doing that before, just thought of it myself because Replens was so nasty.  Since I thought I was some kind of pioneer with it, I had to overome my initial fear of going rancid!

Page 3 of 16 (155 results)

Scroll to top button