Join Us

We are 225,109 members in 83 forums discussing 163,879 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: BC plus another chronic disease?

Forum: "Middle Age" 40-60(ish) Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet others in this age-range who share similar life issues.

Posted on: May 31, 2012 08:19AM

allurbaddayswillend wrote:

Who else here is doubly screwed? (or triply etc?)

I have celiac disease which is in some ways more controllable than some other chronic illnesses that I'm sure some here have. But just when I thought my days of having chronic fatigue from it were over and I was going to get on with my life, I got this dx. FML.  disasterkitchen.wordpress.com/...

dx at 48 years old Dx 4/4/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/24/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 6/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 11/28/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 12/3/2012 Breast

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

May 31, 2012 10:41AM dlb823 wrote:

So sorry about the double whammy, but you're not alone.  If you use the search feature to search auto-immune diseases (or conditions or illnesses), you will find other threads that talk about how common this is, possibly due to a "distracted" immune system and/or inflammation.  There was also a new thread just yesterday about a book setting forth a theory revolving around pancreatic enzymes.  

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, but many others have reported getting a bc dx after dealing with fibromyalgia, MS, and a wide range of other autoimmune conditions.     (((Hugs)))   Deanna 

Deanna "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

May 31, 2012 11:05AM Moderators wrote:

Hi allurbaddayswillend,

There's actually a forum here called Mixed Type Breast Cancer where you can meet others who have mixed type breast cancer, or breast cancer along with another disease or condition, and don't fall into only one category.

Hope this helps!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

May 31, 2012 11:13AM Jomama2 wrote:

I have Type II Diabetes which was totally uncontrolled before diagnosis.  I was too stressed out about losing income from a second part-time job, then being laid off temporarily and re-hired with fewer hours at my current job, to take care of myself.  I blew a huge hole in my immune system, and I think my cancerous cells just loved feasting on insulin and glucose as well as any estrogen produced by my fat cells.  Since my surgery, I am concentrating on getting my blood sugar controlled, exercising, shedding some weight and restoring my immune system to some level of health. It's tricky, though, isn't it?  Good luck to you on your journey.

JPa Dx 12/12/2011, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/9/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/21/2012

May 31, 2012 11:34AM madpeacock wrote:

Hashimoto's - autoimmune thyroid disease - for me. It plays havoc with hormones throughout the body and can be like a roller coaster ride. You never know how you are going to feel! I think my BC was a result of estrogen dominance, but obviously will never know. I take a lot of supplements for antioxidants, immune system support, etc. Just another ball in my juggling act! Cool
~Joanna~ "Whatever doesn't kill me...better start running." Diagnosis: 08/17/11 IDC 1.7 cm, Grade 2, Stage Ic, ER+/PR+, HER2-, 0/4 nodes, Mammosite completed 10/21/11. Oncotype = 8. Dx 8/17/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 10/16/2011

Jun 19, 2012 12:55PM kestrelgurl wrote:

I have the ILC and CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia).....not to mention a little squamous cell stuff. All diagnosed since Sept '11.

MO has said that he would be more worried about my riding my bike on the street than the BC or leukemia, but then he isn't the one with the dual pathology....  Wink

Gail - ILC, CLL/SLL and squamous cell carcinoma? Yeppers, I won the cancer lottery. Dx 9/10/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/12/2011 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 11/7/2011 Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2012 Surgery 2/11/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/7/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 6/11/2013 Femara (letrozole)

Jun 20, 2012 08:03AM allurbaddayswillend wrote:

So I had a high fever reaction to the Neulasta shot after chemo. I'm thinking my already keyed up immune system took the boost quite seriously. anyone else get knocked on their butt by the shot?

dx at 48 years old Dx 4/4/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/24/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 6/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 11/28/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 12/3/2012 Breast

Jul 13, 2012 05:53PM Butterflylady2012 wrote:

Yes, madpeacock, I know what you mean by a juggling act.  I have thyroid problems...I have always been primarily hyperthyroid, but now in the last few months since diagnosis, I am over 3 for TSH, which means I'm leaning towards Hypo it seems.  I also have asthma which I have had for a number of years, but it is primiarily allergy induced.  I use inhalers daily.  SO, BC, Thyroid problems and asthma....I think three conditions simulataneously is enough, would you say?? Cool
Dx 4/12/2012, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)