Join Us

We are 225,109 members in 83 forums discussing 163,879 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: pap smear test results dont look good

Forum: "Middle Age" 40-60(ish) Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet others in this age-range who share similar life issues.

Posted on: Jul 13, 2012 09:44PM

justme1 wrote:

I went in for my  physical and got the pap smear and bloodwork done -checked for cholesterol and my hormons a test too.usually i would get a card in mail saying all is good negative and all that happy stuff this time i got a card saying call the office to talk bout test results ....... oh me i feel like here we go again...

Diagnosis Dx 5/2011, IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jul 13, 2012 10:27PM Cindyl wrote:

Hopefully it's something minor.  This is one of the things that I hate worst about the bc diagnosis.  I never used to have a second though about medical tests.  They'd be fine because, well they always had been.  I sweat out the most minor thing. What if they find something?  I'm gonna be a basket case come August when I go in for my first post bc mammogram.

Anyway, good luck!

Stay calm, have courage and watch for signs. Dx 2/11/2012, IDC, 3cm, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/29/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 4/15/2012 Hormonal Therapy 5/22/2012

Jul 13, 2012 10:58PM fredntan wrote:

I got one off those calls.
Long story short it was nothing

I decided to get my pap right before mammo. got lovely message to call gyn . After long weekend turns out I had some funny looking cells , had 2 colopscopies so far . Doc said stress probably triggered it. last visit worst case she would have to freeze off some cells .

Hope this isnt tmi . I worried a lot about this . On top ofmy bc worry.

MBC bone mets since 2013 Dx 8/3/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 13/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/9/2011 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 3/29/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 10/8/2012 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Surgery 4/3/2013 Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Dx 10/2013, Stage IV, mets Chemotherapy 11/20/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil) Hormonal Therapy

Jul 13, 2012 11:07PM odie16 wrote:

Janis - Saying a prayer for you that it is just a false positive issue. Agree completely with Cindy about the testing nervousness post bc diagnosis however wanted to let you know that I have had an occasional abnormal pap over the years with no actual issues found. Hang in there as I know the waiting sucks! ((HUGS))

Dx 6/27/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 14, 2012 04:55AM RebzAmy wrote:

I also recently had a letter following my pap smear to say that the cells had slight changes - freaked me out but now I'm dealing with it. I have to return in 6 months for a repeat smear. Apparently it is extremely common for there to be 'changes' and a lot of the time the cells return back to normal. Believe me the whole thing freaked me out but I had sort of prepared myself for the letter - nothing is the same any more since BC! Good luck.

Diagnosed June 2007, IDC, Grade 3, 4-5cm lump, several lymph nodes involved, HER2+++, 4 months of high strength chemo, mastectomy and lymph node removal, radiotherapy & a year of herceptin and recently had preventative surgery to other breast.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)