Join Us

We are 225,032 members in 83 forums discussing 163,852 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Strange sensation...a little scary....

Forum: "Middle Age" 40-60(ish) Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet others in this age-range who share similar life issues.

Posted on: Mar 1, 2013 09:21AM

booniper wrote:

I was diagnosed with IDC in August 2005 at the age of 40.  I had a lumpectomy followed by a bilateral mastectomy (with reconstruction) due to BRCA2 positive diagnosis.  Prior to my original diagnosis, I would get a burning sensation in my breast.  Mind you, the burning sensation was not in the area where the cancer was eventually found, but it was there, nonetheless.  

Now, 7 1/2 years later, I am getting a burning sensation in the other breast, though it's not really "my breast" anymore.  The burning sensation I am getting now is on the scar line under my left breast.  Could this be nerve regeneration?  It is not constant...comes and goes at non-specific intervals...but it is really freaking me out!  I am not due to see my onc until July, but am getting antsy because of this burning.

Anyone out there with anything similar?  Or any advice...words of wisdom...calming influence...?

Thanks!!

Dx 8/22/2005, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2005 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 1/2/2006 Breast Surgery 10/17/2007 Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy AC

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Mar 1, 2013 08:16PM barsco1963 wrote:

booniper - sorry I don't have any experience with what you are describing. Perhaps a visit to your family dr would help to alleviate some worry. I use my family dr more often than my onc at times as she can order any tests, scans etc if needed.

Hang in there - I hope that you find it is nothing to worry about.

It isn't knowing the worst, the worst is not knowing. Dx 5/30/2011, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 21/29 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2011

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)