Join Us

We are 225,108 members in 83 forums discussing 163,879 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Lupus and HER2+?

Forum: "Middle Age" 40-60(ish) Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet others in this age-range who share similar life issues.

Posted on: Nov 29, 2017 12:30PM

Racermon wrote:

I was looking for any information on this topic, but have not really found anything to the sort. I was diagnosed late November last year with HER2+ IDC and have gone through chemo, lumpectomy, bilateral mastectomy, radiation, oopherectomy, currently still on Herceptin and Arimidex. I was diagnosed with SLE in 2009 and had been getting Kennalog injections every three months for the joint pain. I felt great whilst on chemotherapy, but now that that is finished, I am feeling so miserable. The injections are no longer working so my entire body is in a lot of pain. My doctor gave me a prescription for percocet, but I dont want to take it. I have tried glucosamine, and bioflex, but to no avail. Anyone else in this BC community have any suggestions? Any advise?

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Nov 29, 2017 01:08PM DATNY wrote:

Hello Racermom,

I am really sorry you are going through all these. I hope you will find relief soon. I don't have Lupus, but Hashimoto and, like you, I am very interested in the link between cancer and autoimmune disease. Newest research shows that cancer does indeed cause an autoimmune response: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/release...

This new research explains now why many autoimmune diseases, Lupus included, enter in remission when treated with chemotheraphy.

Nov 29, 2017 01:10PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Racermom,

You may find some others who can weigh in on this thread in the Breast Cancer With Another Diagnosis or Comorbidity forum on Lupus & Breast Cancer.

We hope this helps!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)