We are 228,650 members in 84 forums discussing 159,786 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Ladies in EARLY 50's.....cancer dx....

Forum: "Middle Age" 40-60(ish) Years Old With Breast Cancer —

Meet others in this age-range who share similar life issues.

Posted on: Feb 10, 2019 01:03PM

Jons_girl wrote:

Hi I am curious about something. I found a lump when I was 49. DX happened not long after my 50th bday in 2017. I had surgery, chose no radiation or tamoxifen with my medical oncologists support.

So....with that all said, my question is: "Do you think there is a correlation between going into menopause and dx of breast cancer?" I have been premenopausal the past couple of years. But now I believe I may be in active menopause. (I still have 6 mo to go to have my 1 yr no cycle) I just wonder if my hormones being wonky because of my pre menopausal state could have also contributed to my cancer? Just curious if anyone else has wondered about this.

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Page 2 of 2 (33 results)

Posts 31 - 33 (33 total)

May 15, 2020 10:05PM Jons_girl wrote:

LB13: thank you for sharing your experience with us. Hope all is going well right now with your radiation. We are here for you chat anytime!

Your cancer was similar to mine. Little different but similar stage. You caught it early!! That’s good!

I too have cancer in my extended family. I remember the two week or more waiting period for my genetic test. 😩I did the blood test. Still had to wait. Even with the cancer in my extended family, it turned out to be negative. Keep us posted on how that goes if you don’t mind sharing.

Hoping all your treatments go well!

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

May 18, 2020 10:03AM LB13 wrote:

Thank you @jons_girl - I will keep you posted. I appreciate your encouragement! :)

Dx 1/28/2020, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 2/25/2020 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/28/2020 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 6/11/2020 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 18, 2020 06:12PM Jons_girl wrote:

You're welcome! Have a wonderful week. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Page 2 of 2 (33 results)