Topic: Trigger finger

Forum: "Middle Age" 40-60(ish) Years Old With Breast Cancer — Meet others in this age-range who share similar life issues.

Posted on: Dec 20, 2020 07:00PM

Posted on: Dec 20, 2020 07:00PM

margun wrote:

I am taking letrozole for 1 yeari had joint and bone pain but was manageable. But a few days ago my thumb gets stack or snap to straighten. Something have to straighten my thumb with my other hand. It is trigger finger sign? It will go away by itself? I am scared because this affects my hand functions and it's hurtful when it gets stuck. I am taking letrozole for a bit more than a year and I hope this is not a sign that my joins will malfunction one after another. Any advice how make it better. There is anyone who's trigger finger got better over a short time? I am still working and have a teenager. I must function. Thanks for any advice.

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Dec 23, 2020 12:36PM BlueGirlRedState wrote:

Trigger finger really sucks. With anastrozole in 2017 stiffening fingers on both hands and trigger finger with middle finger on left hand almost immediate. Quit after 3 months quit anastrozole. After 2-3 months hands seemed to be improving, and started Tamoxifen. 2019, new cancer on R-side, started Ibrance and Arimidex. At first thinning hair main SE, but after about 7 months started noticing stiffening fingers, and now locking middle finger on left. I have to use other hand to unlock it. Turmeric seems to help a little. I try to remember to do finger exercises which also help a little. Really need to do them every day, but I don't. Acupuncture also helps, but is variable. Somedays I feel better all over, other days I do notice any help from it. I'm thinking about going 2x/month next year. Insurance will pay for some of the cost up to 24 visits/year.

2009 ER+ left breast. 52 yrs. Lumpectomy, Sentinel node removal, negative. Radiation 6 weeks, tamoxifen 5 years. Dense lumpy left breast, normal right.

2016 ER+ left breast. Probably a new cancer, but unknown. 4 rounds TC Aug-Oct 2016, Bi-lateral (my choice) Nov 2016, no reconstruction. 2 sentinel nodes remove, negative. Anastrozole 1 mg starting May 2017. Joint issues noticed immediately. Stopped Anastrozole after 3-4 months due to joint stiffness in. After several months of no AIs, fingers were feeling better. Started tamoxifen March 2018.

2019 ER+ R-axilla. First sign was lymphedema on the R-side. Start Ibrance and Arimidex Sept 2019. At first fatigue with Ibrance and hair thinning from Arimidex. Fatigue gone. Stiffening fingers and locking finger came back after 6-7 months on Arimidex.

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Scroll to top button