Join Us

We are 224,943 members in 83 forums discussing 163,796 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: National Breast Cancer Coalition - Breast Cancer Deadline 2020

Forum: Advocacy — Join here to discuss issues where we can have a voice!

Posted on: May 22, 2012 01:27PM

JoanQuilts wrote:

Has anyone been following or involved in the NBCC's Breast Cancer Deadline 2020 campaign?  http://www.breastcancerdeadline2020.org/homepage.html

To me, it looks like an interesting NEW approach: focusing on 1)  the CAUSES of breast cancer (in order to PREVENT it) and 2) the causes and avoidance of metastatis (because that's what kills us), rather than awareness, new drug treatments, etc.

I am going to support this one going forward, rather than going the typical walk-a-thon route.  Breast cancer has clouded my entire adult life (my first diagnosis at age 34 and now, 19 years later, a new primary diagnosis) and I would have expected we'd be further along now.

Time for a change. 

Diagnosed 10/92, lumpectomy, CMF. Diagnosed with second primary 12/11 (19 years later!). . BMX with TEs to implants; 6 rounds of TC. Dx 12/6/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 1/5/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 2/5/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 23, 2012 11:15AM jsimha wrote:

Hi Joan,  I am very familiar with the Deadline Campaign and would be happy to talk to you more about it.  Feel free to e-mail me at jsimha at vasuchari dot com for more information.  I live in Northern New Jersey and I can tell you more about how much we need local support for the campaign. 

May 23, 2012 01:27PM JoanQuilts wrote:

Thank you jsimha!  I emailed you.

Diagnosed 10/92, lumpectomy, CMF. Diagnosed with second primary 12/11 (19 years later!). . BMX with TEs to implants; 6 rounds of TC. Dx 12/6/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 1/5/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 2/5/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)