We are 193,347 members in 81 forums discussing 143,423 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: DCIS plus HER2-positive Microinvasion → Topic: Micro-invasive DCIS that is her2+++

Topic: Micro-invasive DCIS that is her2+++

Forum: DCIS plus HER2-positive Microinvasion —

Meet others with this diagnosis.

Posted on: Feb 15, 2010 09:35PM - edited Apr 28, 2010 04:03PM by Liz08

Liz08 wrote:

By clinical definition a true microinvasion is "IDC(Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) that is 1mm or less in its greatest dimension".

As requested a separate forum index for those of us who had true Micro-Invasive DCIS that was her2+++.  Yes, we are a rare bunch but lately there have been a few more of us that joined BC.org and weren't able to connect with each other since there was no specific forum for us. We really don't belong in the Her2+++ forum since almost all of those who have been diagnosed with micro-invasive DCIS that were her2+++  and node negative have not received chemo/herceptin. 

And since we are no longer stage 0 we don't really belong with the DCIS forum either. 

I along with at least one other member who I regularly correspond with have been told that micro-invasive DCIS that is her2+++ is a separate category from those who have IDC that is her2+++.   At this time there have not been many studies pertaining specifically to our diagnosis. 

Having our own forum will definitely allow us to connect much easier.  If you know of any members that fall in this category please encourage them to post post their stories and reach out to us. I am so happy the moderators did this for us.Thank you to the moderators!!!!

Edited: to add clinical definition of microinvasion. 

Dx: 1/16/08, Stage T1mic, DCIS,

Page 16 of 16 (451 results)

Posts 451 (451 total)

Sep 8, 2017 01:50PM HeartdesiresLife wrote:

Hello...I wonder if anyone can comment on how accurately small microinvasion can be tested for HER2 status? I had bilateral mastectomy with sentinel node biopsy on 8/25/17 and DCIS 7.1cm on the left with 0.7mm microinvasion and during the estrogen testing, it seems the sample basically just disappeared according to the medical oncologist who spoke to the pathologist. Pathologist was also unable to definitively say whether it was the microinvasion which tested positive for HER2 (FISH) and not the DCIS as the sample they took may have gotten some DCIS as well. I guess one way to help figure this out would be to test DCIS itself and if HER2-, then it would be the microinvasion which tested HER2+. Of course if DCIS is HER2+, then back to square one.

I will probably end up requesting a second look at the pathology along with a 2nd medical oncology advice but I was wondering about anyone's input about testing for something so small.

Also in regards to Taxol/Herceptin, anyone receiving or have received modified/less than the standard regime of 3 months combined and 9 months of Herceptin? I tend to be hypersensitive to medication's effects, so I wonder even if I decide to go this route whether I will be able to tolerate it.

Thank you very much!

Dx 8/25/2017, DCIS, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH)

Page 16 of 16 (451 results)