We are 196,647 members in 81 forums discussing 144,825 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: DCIS plus HER2-positive Microinvasion → Topic: Her2 positive

Topic: Her2 positive

Forum: DCIS plus HER2-positive Microinvasion —

Meet others with this diagnosis.

Posted on: Aug 23, 2017 09:15PM

Ellen12345 wrote:

Hi ladies!

I'm new here! I was diagnosed with breast cancer her2 positive in June! I already did my 3rd chemo, totally will be 6. After that I will have double mastectomy and reconstruction! I was wondering if any of you knows about the chances of the Beast coming back after double mastectomy! I don't Know why but my head is stacked on this!

Thank you all,

Ellen

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Aug 24, 2017 05:14AM Moderators wrote:

Hi Ellen, and welcome to Breastcancer.org. We're sorry that you had to find us, but glad you did, and hope you get responses from other community members soon.

Worrying about cancer coming back is one of the most common cancer fears after treatment, as you can read in the article Common Breast-Cancer-Related Fears. Every individual and every cancer is different, so it's important to talk with your doctors about your particular chances of recurrence and receive regular follow-up tests to see how things are going.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Best wishes,

From the Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Aug 24, 2017 05:21AM jenco60 wrote:

Hi Ellen, My name is Jen and I am Her2+ Cancer Patient with a reoccurance after a lumpectomy. I went through a trial for Her2+ and 22 radiation treatments and my cancer came back. I am now scheduled for a mastectomy 8/29. I should have done it first!! Anyway, I did not choose bilateral for a few reasons. Once you have a bilateral mastectomy you will have NO sensitivity in your chest again. I have D cup breast so it was hard to make this decision. After discussing this with my surgeon we decided single left breast mastectomy and a reduction on the right side in one year.

Once you reconstruct, remember you are creating a new barrier in your chest. Check with your doctors to determine what is best for you but ASK QUESTIONS. Good doctors are open to unlimited questions. Question any after chemo and the side effects. If the doctor does not speak with you, dump them and get a better doctor and oncologist. I have been going through this since October 2015. I work full time and I have never missed a day of work.

We will survive, why not on our terms.

Aug 24, 2017 02:56PM Ellen12345 wrote:

Thank you so much! I already have a list with questions.....

I wish the best for all of us!

Aug 24, 2017 03:00PM - edited Aug 24, 2017 03:06PM by Ellen12345

This Post was deleted by Ellen12345.

Aug 24, 2017 03:03PM Ellen12345 wrote:

Thank you Jen! It is a hugrshock to learn that you have cancer! I didn't know how to handle this mentally! I have 3 kids and this is my first concern... thanks for your respond!

I wish you from the bottom of my heart all to be good with your surgery! I will pray for you!

Ellen

Oct 19, 2017 10:19PM susanduffy wrote:

well Ladies, my first post back after a 10 year success. I have had her2nu estrogene positive stage 4 cancer .10 years has been great but it is chronic.and it is back I had a partial mastectomy right side 6 months chemo,36 bouts of radiation and a full treatment of herceptin. And to top it off 3 years tamoxifin . All that is key, especially the part about ,,partial mastectomy.. I asked for a full bilateral and the surgeon said No. They did that then,so I say Yes to the bi lateral ...no needto worry everyday

Oct 20, 2017 12:44AM Beatmon wrote:

Dear Ellen12345, Just live like you are the luckiest woman on earth and that it is never coming back. Unfortunately I believe that the statistics are a crapshoot and you just happen to be the person that gets a rogue wandering cell that sets up housekeeping in one of our major organs.

For all that do become metastatic, many many more do not

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 8/9/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 12/1/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/1/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/27/2014 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)