Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Low-Dose Tamox Reduces Recur & Invasive Risk After Non-Invasive

Options

Low-Dose Tamoxifen May Be an Option to Reduce Risk of Recurrence, Invasive Disease After Non-Invasive Breast Cancer
December 18, 2018

A low dose of tamoxifen after surgery reduced the risk of recurrence, as well as the risk of new invasive disease, in women diagnosed with hormone-receptor-positive breast intraepithelial neoplasia. Read more...

Comments

• Floridabocagal
    Floridabocagal Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020
    Options

I maybe a candidate fir low dose tamoxifen... I had a diagnostic mammo , I had a biopsy and an mri mammo and all showed no cancer —- during my surgery 2 months after biopsy, the doctor found 5mm of cancer st the site of my calcification

Can anyone relate to this ??
    What treatment should I do

• BCat40
    BCat40 Member Posts: 121
    edited May 2020
    Options

Florida, you need to get the pathology back on the tumor to see if it is estrogen receptor positive. If it is, your doctor will most likely prescribe tamoxifen or other hormone therapy. If it is ER+ you can also have your tumor sent out for an oncotype test to find out the recurrence risk and how much such therapy would be useful to you.

• sukamin
    sukamin Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022
    Options

The forum content you share is really useful to me, I will regularly follow the next posts from you. Thank you for sharing