Topic: Life Insurance and Clinical Trials

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues — Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: May 1, 2009 12:39PM

Posted on: May 1, 2009 12:39PM

atpoint wrote:

Does anyone know if participating in clinical trials will affect my life insurance policy? I want to participate in some trials since they are my last hope but I don't know if my insurance company can cancel my policy for doing them. Please if you have had any experiences or know of someone who has let me know. Even some ideas on where to go to look for the information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

atpoint

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

May 1, 2009 03:47PM Fitztwins wrote:

It should not.

Enjoy Every Sandwich. Dx 12/12/2004, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Surgery 1/19/2005 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 2/1/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 5/1/2005 Breast, Lymph nodes Targeted Therapy 6/1/2005 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2006 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/2/2008 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 7/1/2008 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 6/15/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/5/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

May 1, 2009 07:57PM flash wrote:

It shouldn't. However, if you are worried, you can contact the insurance commissioner of your state for verification.  The insurance commissioner in each state is the person who oversees the companies and their practices within that state.  Each state is different.

Good luck

multifocal multicentric IDC, DCIS, pagets et al. - er+,pr+ her2+++, mast,chemo, ooph, hyst Dx 10/10/2007, Paget's, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 1, 2009 08:50PM Watson wrote:

Of course always check, but I'm Stage 4 and have already collected part of my life insurance AND have participated in several trials.  It's gruesome, but I collected it anyhow.

Watson

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. - Billy Joel Dx 1/29/2008, Stage IV, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 3, 2009 10:53PM atpoint wrote:

Thank all of you for the information. I'm stage IV as well. I think I will also talk to the insurance company about collecting part as well. Was it hard to get it? There are no clinical trials in my area and had to drive 1,500 mi. It gets spendy even though we stay in a camper.

Atpoint

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Scroll to top button