Topic: Applying for Short term disab illity

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues — Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: Sep 5, 2010 06:59AM

Posted on: Sep 5, 2010 06:59AM

tropicmom wrote:

I am getting ready to apply for STD/LTD from my employerr. Since they offer it, I'm going to take it and then go for the SSD. Mainly b/c I will get a little more $ and get to stay on health insurance for a bit.  I know most companies are different in how to qualify, but want to hear your experiences in getting approved for the STD/LTD.  I was dx Stage IV in Jan 07. I was NED by Sept 07, with localized recurrence May 10. I think I am still Stage IV (? will check with doc).

I know that SSD gives automatic acceptance for StageIV.  Do most  STD/LTD plans do the same?  I have been working since dx, but since this last recurrence and reconstruction process, I am mentally/psychologically starting to feel  beat down and ready to stop and concentrate on getting well.  Truthfully, I think the stress of the past year at work is what brought on the the recurrence. We returned to school this month (I am a teacher)  And the stress is knocking me off my feet daily.

Thanks for your help.

Dx 1/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Sep 6, 2010 06:34PM heatherbless wrote:

You should have no problem getting LTD:  just get your doctor to fill out the paperwork to that effect.  Best to you, heather

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. Mother Teresa Dx 10/1/2008, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 11/6/2015, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Chemotherapy 12/17/2015 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Scroll to top button