Topic: I GOT IT, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues — Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: Oct 18, 2010 03:25PM

Posted on: Oct 18, 2010 03:25PM

jdootoo wrote:

I just found out that I qualified for SSDI! I wasn't sure if they would qualify me at stage III, but I spoke with my doctors and went in for my interview. Everyone at Social Security was very nice to me and it took less than a month to hear back from them. Wow, I still can't believe it!

One love, Jackie 

There's a natural mystic blowing through the air; If you listen carefully now you will hear. This could be the first trumpet, might as well be the last: Many more will have to suffer, Many more will have to die - don't ask me why. -- Bob Marley Dx 1/29/2010, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 6/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Oct 18, 2010 03:30PM heatherbless wrote:

I am happy for you.  Do you know what qualified you?  Did they say anything about you having been out of work for a year or more?  Just curious as I was stage 3 also and got declined, but appealed.  best, heather

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. Mother Teresa Dx 10/1/2008, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 11/6/2015, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Chemotherapy 12/17/2015 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Oct 18, 2010 03:37PM Medigal wrote:

What is the difference between being Stage 11b and being Grade 3.  I have to figure out what I am. I didn't think I was in a bad stage but I think I am 11b too.  But maybe it's the Grade 3 that makes the difference.  What makes you Grade 3?

Oct 18, 2010 05:53PM jdootoo wrote:

Heather: Thank you! I talked to my radiation oncologist about the fact that they had found more lymph nodes that were suspicious on the PET scan. Also, I was advised to talk about pain and side effects at my interview, so I told them about my lymphedema and how sore my arm gets after working on the computer all day. You have to convince them that you will be out of work for at least a year from diagnosis. It is very difficult to get SSDI if you are not at least a stage III. Good luck!

Medigal: Your staging will come from your pathology report, and the grade will be part of that. Go to this link, it explains it very well: http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/BreastCancer/DetailedGuide/breast-cancer-staging

All the best! 

There's a natural mystic blowing through the air; If you listen carefully now you will hear. This could be the first trumpet, might as well be the last: Many more will have to suffer, Many more will have to die - don't ask me why. -- Bob Marley Dx 1/29/2010, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 6/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Oct 18, 2010 07:54PM heatherbless wrote:

well, thank you-- I did not have any lymph nodes affected.  Best to you, heather

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. Mother Teresa Dx 10/1/2008, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 11/6/2015, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Chemotherapy 12/17/2015 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jan 11, 2011 09:47AM moyarscs wrote:

I need some help ladies.  I too just found out I quaified for SSD I am stage 3 I will not start getting paid until May but how does this afeect my long term and short tem disablity from employer?  I do not have a job with them anymore they filled it  but I am still getting my health insurance thur them so do I tell them I get SSD in May?

Sue Ann Dx 6/8/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 8/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 11, 2011 05:30PM lauri wrote:

Pretty sure your LT and ST disability has a maximum -- so they'll only pay up to that limit, less any SSDI.  And I'm also pretty sure they cross check with SS, so they'll come back and ask for (demand) repayment of any excess.

I know that I had LT private disability (after 6 mo) which was reduced by my state ST disability, so LTDI net check was only about $15/mo.

From the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success Dx 3/8/2006, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 11/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 11/15/2021, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Hormonal Therapy 11/27/2021 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 12/2/2021 Ibrance (palbociclib) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast Surgery Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Scroll to top button