Topic: Anyone in the Texas Health Pool?

Forum: Employment, Insurance, and Other Financial Issues — Employment, insurance, and financial concerns are common. Meet others here to discuss and for support.

Posted on: Mar 13, 2011 01:39PM

Posted on: Mar 13, 2011 01:39PM

OnePetie wrote:

I'm applying for the Texas State Health Pool....filling out my forms now. I'm curious as to other member's experience with the Texas Pool. Any suggestions, words of wisdom, warnings, etc?

Thanks,

Che

Dx April 2009; DCIS w/ 0.1mm microinvasion; Stage 1; Grade 3; E/P+, HER2-; 0/5 Nodes; L mx w/ ms2 Free Tram Recon; Arimidex

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Mar 13, 2011 09:49PM Traci-----TripNeg wrote:

Hi Che,

My Sister is. She recently had a scare with a bad/suspicious mammogram. The deductible is completely out of pocket.  Hers is $5000 so until she writes a check for that, nothing is covered. She's trying to get Komen to do an MIRI.

It's better than nothing girl!!! God forbid something serious goes wrong, at least you are only out $5k. :-/

((hugs))

Traci

Trip Neg BRCA + If I never look behind me, my troubles will be few. Supertramp. Dx 2/12/2007, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Mar 13, 2011 10:01PM OnePetie wrote:

You're right about that, Traci! And we're accustomed to high deductible plans.... we're self-employed.

Thanks for replying. Best of wishes to both you and your sister!

Ché

Dx April 2009; DCIS w/ 0.1mm microinvasion; Stage 1; Grade 3; E/P+, HER2-; 0/5 Nodes; L mx w/ ms2 Free Tram Recon; Arimidex

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Scroll to top button